Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum. You must register to create topics and post replies, however, registration is a free and simple process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .and more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cabin Air Filter - Where?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Jean Desjardins

Jean Desjardins

• NV Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • Current Vehicle:NV 2500 High Top

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

I have a 2012 NV2500 and I ordered an air filter from reading this thread, and I wasnt expecting to find one installed, but I actually had a factory filter installed in mine and it was pretty clean, but I swapped it out anyway as this one was a better one.

#22 Jerry

Jerry

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationNone
  • Model Year:None
  • My NV:None
  • Current Vehicle:NV

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

x

Edited by Jerry, 27 July 2015 - 08:16 PM.

#23 MrOlaf

MrOlaf

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:NV Passenger SV V8, SL

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:37 AM

watch out for the little plastic pegs that stick out.  I didn't have mine completely lined up and bent them.  I was able to bend them back straight but the plastic did turn white as if it tell me that this is your last time bending me before I snap off.

#24 Jim

Jim

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • Model Year:2013
  • My NV:NV Passenger
  • Current Vehicle:NV 3500 SV

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

I realize this is a very late addition to this thread, but it made for interesting reading.  I figured out how to install my cabin air filters without the benefit of this forum. :)  And it would have helped to know some of the tips found here. 

So here's the reason I'm commenting.  Someone mentioned all the additional items it would have been "nice to have" as standard.  When I was in the process of searching out a replacement van, my former neighbor worked in QA for Nissan.  He's the one that told me about the NV.  He's also the person that told me the NV passenger (and the smaller NV200) were being developed and marketed extensively in the airport/hotel shuttle and taxi businesses.  Obviously the work truck versions were targeted at commercial uses too. The dealer told me that Nissan spent nearly 5 years developing the NV - and that included bringing in a large number of Ford Econoline and Chevy/GMC van owners to find out what those vehicles lacked that should be included in a new van.  The center console was installed because most everyone complained about the lack of storage space in the glove box.  In fact, our former GMC Savana van didn't even have a glove box!  Consumers wanted removable seats, but not in the lengths & weight that the Ford and Chevy/GMC had.  Let me tell you, it was a real pain to remove that back seat in the Savana.  We really like that the NV has a max of 2 seats coupled.  Why no sliding door on the drivers side?  Because the hotel/airport people said they wouldn't use it.  I could go on with other examples that were told to me - but you get the point.  It was user feedback that dictated a lot of what ended up in the NV - along with the cost/benefit stuff.  I only wish I'd been one of those asked for input. 

#25 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • LocationTucson AZ
  • Model Year:2012
  • My NV:NV2500 HD Cargo Standard Roof
  • Current Vehicle:2012 NV 2500 poptop Sportsmobile (SMB) and 2017 VW Tiguan Limited fwd

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

Interesting summary. I don't see Nissan Commercial making significant changes in the look of the van, other than adding extended and cab only versions, but it would be great if they would do a follow up user feedback, particularly from NVP owners.

#26 andy_george

andy_george

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 493 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • Model Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 NVP SL, 2001 Honda CRV, 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

Cool info, Jim. Thanks!

#27 Mark Rogers

Mark Rogers

• NV Facebook Member
  • Pip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • LocationIdaho
  • Model Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Nissan NV3500 HD SV

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:11 PM

I found an inexpensive filter on Amazon that fits perfectly.  https://www.amazon.c...duct/B003R3IFIQ

#28 chric147

chric147

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northern Plains
  • LocationBellevue Neb
  • Model Year:2018
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Nv 2003 toyota camery 2000 excursion 2008 Chysler 300

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

these filters should fit in all years correct