Dave

Cabin Air Filter - Where?

these filters should fit in all years correct 

Just got my Fram CF-10743 filter installed yesterday. The photos that were posted on how to remove the glovebox no longer work, and shockingly I couldn't find any videos on youtube that walked me through it, so I kinda had to visualize it in my brain by reading the posts here. Any ways, I got the glove box off and after that installing the filter was a cinch!

Thanks guys!

At O Reilly Auto parts they sell the Micro Guard # 3696 that fits perfectly. 
^^^^^^
I have a 2019 Nissan NV 2500 with v8 engine. The above part number works and fits perfectly. I’m posting this To help out the newer people with newer vans to cut down the confusion. When I was there at OReilly, the guy said it was a different part number than the MG 3696. He was wrong. The part number he gave me, was two longer slimmer filters. These two filters WILL NOT WORK for my application as they were about 2-3” longer in length, and not wide enough. 
The MicroGuard 3696 is 9”x 8.25” approximately and fits my van like it should.

One thing to do if you have ANY doubt is removed the glove box, take off the cabin filter door and use a tape measure  to measure the depth and width. 

I hope this helped you out ?

Edited by ImpossibleNV
Better explanation

On 7/10/2013 at 9:43 AM, sampson said:

Though obviously not critical to the function of the van, it may enhance occupant comfort? We might need the Mythbusters for this one :)

Our dash is frequently "dusty" somehow, so I figure it was worth a shot to try a filter. We never drive with the windows open, so I surmise the dust must be coming in through the HVAC system somehow. We live in a suburban, paved subdivision but there is some farming in our surrounding area. My in-laws live in the "country" so we encounter about 200 feet of gravel road when we visit them a few times a month. I'll check the filter for visible dirt after 10,000 miles or so, and decide if the $20 filter is paying its way. I'll try to remember to post my highly scientific findings :)

The rear HVAC looks as if it recirculates cabin air only. If not, it may be a more significant source of dust & pollen than the front unit. The majority of the Rear system appears to live below the floor on the drivers side, about 3/4 of the way back. If it is drawing in outside air somehow, it should most definitely be filtered in a manner that doesn't require a screwdriver IMO. No mention of a rear filter in anything I've read to date.

I'm with Tom that Nissan had a price point they needed to hit and tossed a number of nice to have, but not essential, creature comforts we've been missing. The list so far at my house: Vanity mirrors in the visors ($20?) , rear venting windows ($250?), trim over the rear door latch ($125?), a master dome light switch & associated additional wiring ($50?), and now this filter ($20) That's about $415 in part cost so MSRP might be down say $750-$1000 as a result? Would we pay the extra $1000? Not sure now that it is all added up... Maybe I'd forego the rear venting windows :)

Regarding the rear HVAC, I found this for our NV3500. A smart guy with a 3D printer designed this to protect the rear fan. I don't even want to see what might be lurking in the floor vent...

https://www.makerbin.com/products/nissan-nv-rear-a-c-filter-diy-add-on-kit