Marianos1

Safari Rack & Ladder

Hello Everyone! I am new to this forum, I look forward getting ideas from each of you in making my NV one of a kind. I just replaced the standard rims and tires with 18" Moto Metal wheels with LT275 75/R 18, along with a 2" Pro Comp leveling kit. To complete the look I am wanting a safari rack with back ladder. I can't find them anywhere! Any suggestions?? Any help you can give I would appreciate, thanks!post-2608-0-48818200-1522636943_thumb.jpgpost-2608-0-61762700-1522636963_thumb.jpg

What did the level kit consist of front and back?

Aluminess has your rack and ladder.  One of the best out there and they are custom made to your specs from a drop down list of options.  Figure about $2500 plus truck freight for the rack.  Ladder I think was $300.

Great looking wheel tire combo. Interested on how you found a ProComp kit to fit yours. Do not see it listed on the Procomp drop down menu. I am torn between 18" and 20" wheels and tires. Any advise on why you chose what you did?

Thanks,

Jeffrho

Picking up my 18 Pearl white 3500SL Wednesday. 

Are there any other options besides the $3K Aluminess? I need a roof rack/ladder without that price tag and a 4 month wait (backordered). Just put the wheels and tires on Saturday. I’m interested in the leveling kit as well.

Are there any other options besides the $3K Aluminess? I need a roof rack/ladder without that price tag and a 4 month wait (backordered). Just put the wheels and tires on Saturday. I’m interested in the leveling kit as well.

The record...quadruple post.

Check ASD Dad’s review of his rack. You can find this under cargo, hauling and towing.

Edited by radin2son

Avatar Metal Works  has some really nice safari racks and ladder options made specifically for the NVs.  https://www.avatarmetalworks.com/  I stopped by their shop and checked them out in person. Very nice quality. They are definitely next on my modification list.