caryhecker

Headlights always on except when truck is off???

Is there a way (without buying the kit that senses light) to have the headlights always in the on position and they turn off when I pull the key out or put it in park???

I don't need to get into the discussion about why....etc...is there a setting to make this happen?  Thanks!  

Why do you need that?

Kidding. There isn't unfortunately. It's one of the things that bugs the crap out of me.

Although I did find that the headlights turn off after a few minutes when the engine's off.  So leaving them on won't drain your battery much.

@Mark, I've had mine about a week and notice that sometimes the alert doesn't ding when the headlight switch is on, perhaps those were times that I sat in the vehicle for an extended period of time before exiting and the timer kicked in.  I'll have to test leaving the lights on and going back in 5 minutes.  thank you.  this has been bugging the heck out of me.  

You may need to give it 10-15 minutes, but the headlights should turn off after a while if the engine's off.