Sign in to follow this  
radin2son

Refreshed vans

Article in Truck Trend that the 2019 Ram ProMaster is attempting to improve its van in order to keep up with the refreshed 2019 Transit and MB.

NV owners may say “So What!”

Amazingly, the article also mentioned NVs in terms of best tow rating and price (1500 model). No mention of any cosmetic NV changes for 2019. Maybe Nissan got it right; cargo owners aren’t interested in this...

i want a stretch version! Give me 2 more feet please! Maybe diesel too but only if it's more reliable than the MB Blutec.

Same here. I’d love an NV cargo, with a little more length, and the diesel with a tow rating of around 12,000 pounds. That would be perfect for our business...!

When we stopped by the Dublin CA dealership that sold us our SMB (picked up at the SMB facility) in 2012, the commercial manager said he lost sales because there was no extended version available.

The Truck Trend article also pointed out that the NV is truck based.. Got that right.

Mahu, It’s been year or so since you finished your conversion. How did it work out and were you able to use your NV as much as planned?

Edited by radin2son

Interesting, short article on trucktrend.com about driving their 2013 NV 2500 hightop from LA to Denver. If you haven’t seen their NV, it is with looking this up.

This is their go to van, having it for a long term test. They did a similar long term MB test, but it went away. Don’t recall that they ever did long term Transit or Ram tests.

There also is an article on 3 women who have taken up van life in Fords.

I’m happy with the one I got. Works just fine for me