Hello, I am a newish owner of a 2015 NV passenger 3500. We have a large family of 9 ranging in age from 16 to 10 months.  We are going on a road trip and pulling an rv so I was looking into car seat configurations and tethering options and consulting the owners manual and came across this :

INFANTS Infants up to at least 1 year old should be placed in a rear-facing child restraint. Because a rearfacing child restraint is not suitable for use in this vehicle, infants should not be transported in it.

AND THIS:

Never let an infant who requires the use of a rear-facing child restraint ride in this vehicle.

WTF??? I really need to know what the reason is, or if this is actually true!!??  I cant believe a baby would be unsafe rear facing in this vehicle! I have 2 babies that still require rear facing child seats and am about to lose my shit over this!

I am finding nothing else online regarding this issue, please help 

Are you sure you have the right owner's manual?  I checked the 2015 NV manual online and couldn't find anything that discourages the use of rear-facing child restraints.  I even searched the document for the phrase "never let an infant" and it doesn't appear anywhere in the manual.

https://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam/Nissan/us/Nissan_Commercial_Vehicles/ncv_owners/manuals-guides/pdfs/2015/nissan-commercial-vehicles-2015-nv-passenger-owners-manual.pdf

Mark Rogers, Thanks for posting the NVP manual.

Page 1-28 indicates a rear facing child restraints should not be used in the front passenger seat. Makes sense given the airbag. The cargo manual (didn’t know there were 2 manuals) must* say never use a rear facing restraint in this vehicle. So either the wrong manual came with the vehicle or there is a typo in the hard copy that came with the vehicle.

crfraley1, you should feel comfortable putting your babies in their rear facing seats.

*Just checked my cargo NV manual and it does say “Infants up to 1 year old should be placed in a rear-facing child restraint...Never let an infant who requires the use of a rear-facing child seat ride in this vehicle.” The cargo van obviously only has driver and passenger seats, so the “never” applies.

Edited by radin2son

Radin2son, I didn't think to check the manual for the cargo version until you mentioned it.  You're right, it says in three places that you should never let an infant ride in the vehicle.

Crfaley1 clearly has the owner's manual for the cargo van, not the passenger van.