Sign in to follow this  
TnV

My 2017 NV2500 conversion

WOW! Great video.

You and Mahu (travels with Charly) are definitely equals in terms of craftsmanship. Great use of space. Have you RVd or vancamped before? Look forward to seeing future videos.

You are the first to use the Goal Zero generator which I always thought was the way to go with diy conversions.

Feel free to ask about places or routes if you don’t already have lots of experience. Even if you have,places change, particularly with all the fires...

Edited by radin2son

Thank you, This is my first build but I have traveled a bit with other RVes. Just got back from 3 weeks out west. Colorado , Utah , South Dakota, beyond fabulous . Tried to stay off the grid as much as possible . Very different here on the east coast. Heading up to Maine later in the month. Will definitely ask for some of your suggestions when planning my next west  trip.

Wow! Very nice! I like the sitting area that converts into the bed. Very good use of space and high quality craftsmanship!

What’s the name of the swivel arm that the table is attached to? Thanks?

Our VW had a similar swing out table. Besides increasing useful counter space and eating, our then very young daughters used it to color on while sitting on the bench seat. We knew where to find them.

The only negative was stowing it over storage bins that also contained the water tank. Pain to move it out of the way. Maybe just awkward...

Our SMB came with a free standing table. The top is stashed under the rear seat; have to slide it into/out of a rack attached to the seat. In order to do this, you have to have the seat pulled up. The table “tube” leg comes in 2 pieces with a tiny tripod to be attached. Very unstable and too difficult to get to. Never used it after setting it up once. This the consensus of othe SMB owners...

Interrupted twice. Anyway the points I was trying to make are: the design must be functional, multipurpose, even better, and easy to use or access. SMB failed miserably. VW was close...

Edited by radin2son

Lagun@marineteak.co.uk   It was $169.00 w/shipping. You can order extra mounting plates to put it in different areas if you like.

It really makes the "booth" much more usable .

Thank you for the info!! Appreciate it!