elairsey

Cost of floor covers for seat brackets

I just got off the phone with my local nissan dealer, and they told me that those plastic covers cost $44 a piece! Is nissan crazy???  That is ridiculous!!  $10-$15 each is what I was expecting for a typical OEM jacked up price for something that costs $2 to make, but $44?? I really thought the guy was joking or that we weren't talking about the same thing, but we were, and he wasn't!!  Unbelievable. Thanks, Nissan. This is our first Nissan since a Pathfinder 10 years ago, and if this is what Nissan has come to then this NV will be my last. 

I feel your pain, and understand your frustration. But don’t think it’s just Nissan that hikes the price of specialty parts you can’t find from a non-oem supplier. Every vehicle manufacturer, and everything else from recreational vehicles to lawnmowers, do the same thing. It’s just a fact of life. It doesn’t lessen the pain of paying what feels like *way* too much, but generally you can at least feel like you’re getting a high quality part.

I feel your pain, and understand your frustration. But don’t think it’s just Nissan that hikes the price of specialty parts you can’t find from a non-oem supplier. Every vehicle manufacturer, and everything else from recreational vehicles to lawnmowers, do the same thing. It’s just a fact of life. It doesn’t lessen the pain of paying what feels like *way* too much, but generally you can at least feel like you’re getting a high quality part.

yeah, i know that, but most of the time that small lawnmower part that is marked up 800% or that washing machine part that is marked up 500%.....you only need one of them so you bite the bullet and swallow the "is what it is" or "just a fact of life" proverbial pill. BUT with this, i wanted to buy 8 of these things, and when he quoted me $380 i just couldn't believe it. Nissan knows that we're all in the same boat and will need buy several of these things, and i just feel like this is a classless move on their part and one i won't forget. 

This is not something you think about when buying a vehicle: few NV aftermarket parts, Your other source may be a salvage yard. Even then you are not likely to find the number you need.

You didn’t say why you needed so many covers. Why not a rubber cargo mat or carpet? I believe there was a rubber mat for sale by a cargo van owner. If acceptable, price the cargo mat.

The part is available and expensive, but if it is what you need...

Edited by radin2son

Yeah, I just threw a $10 rug over the open slots for the rear seat when it’s removed. Is that an option for you?

I just leave the ones in back uncovered and it hasn't been a problem.  But they do look nicer when they're covered.