timsbeast

Awnings and Side Tents (Thule Quick Fit)

What is everyone doing for Awnings and Side Door Tents?

This is key for winter camping in the rain and snow in the NW and for dry dusty windy camping in the Summer with forest fire smoke.

Thule makes expensive awnings and these really nice tents that are only available in Europe.

Anyone have one of the Thule Awnings? or Tents? 

How do you get one of these only available in Europe tent models?

Thx, Tim

Thule Quick Fit Tent

We haven't used it much yet, but we added the RhinoRack Sunseeker awning earlier this year. Easy to mount on existing NV roof fittings. Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CBMD56H

How about a few pictures of how you mounted it?

I would be interested in hearing from those who have a high roof van on what type of awning they have and if it is a manual one, how do you get up to it to set it up? Take a ladder with you?

I built one out of pcv and a tarp but it’s too bulky and difficult to put up and tear down so i was gonna get the one that Simon and B posted. Its already in my “wish list” on amazon

I had a local metal fabricator make up mounts for the existing roof 'holes'. I'll take a picture when I get around to it <grin>

If this image works, it should show the bracket. Horizontal dimension is 8 inches, vertical is 5 inches, made from 1 1/2" x 1/8" stock. The bracing uses thinner stock (3/64?) .There is an approximately 3/8" welded on stand-off on the inboard end. Two brackets required. The supplied (with the awning) 'nuts' work well. There is some high density foam glued to the underside of the bracket to make certain that bracket to roof contact does not cause damage. This is an excess of concern on our part.

post-2460-0-75661500-1544406412_thumb.jpg

Edited by Simon & B