Rahvin2j3

500,000 Miles and above

Hi Guys,

I just read this article earlier about Nissan NV - (https://www.worktruckonline.com/157240/delivery-fleets-van-reaches-500-000-miles). I am not sure if this has been shared here before.

I am just glad that with good maintenance schedule, we can reach that point without major repairs.

Thanks.

Article states the van hit 500K in just two years.  That is 685 miles per DAY, every - single - day of the year.  It would have to be all highway driving for 11 plus hours per day again - every - single - day.  Regular driving would eat up too much time each day.

Anyone else find that hard to believe?

I know we have some other super high mileage vans (one member is  FedEx Custom Critical driver) but I dont think even he hit that kind of mileage and if he did I would have a better time understanding that vs. a private label company specializing in delivery just in the areas west of the Mississippi.  

It’s believable. Above and Beyond was in the Phoenix area and we would see their vans in northern AZ. All highway/rural driving, same day out and back. Haven’t seen their vans in awhile.

Nissan posted a video in 2014. Video can be found on Nissannews.com under video report: Nissan proves commercial vehicle toughness in Arizona extreme desert. The Nissan test facility in near Phoenix monitored A&B’s NVs.

With Amazon Prime in the mix and with a warehouse, “fulfillment” facility in Phoenix, there may no longer be a need for A&B.

Here is an interesting thought. Could Nissan have built enough NVs for Amazon? I doubt it...

Edited by radin2son