Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum. You must register to create topics and post replies, however, registration is a free and simple process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .and more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2013 NV2500 HD Camper Conversion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Franram

Franram

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S., Southern Plains
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Model Year:2013
  • My NV:NV2500 HD Cargo High Roof
  • Current Vehicle:2013 NV2500 HD

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:59 AM

I purchased my van in June of 2018. It had 15k miles on it. It was used by folks in S.C. to travel to biking events. I wanted the V8 but settled on the V6 because of the low miles and condition. I have almost completed the conversion. It has been fun but it has been WORK! I have lots of pictures but I'm not sure how to post them?
  • radin2son likes this

#2 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • LocationTucson AZ
  • Model Year:2012
  • My NV:NV2500 HD Cargo Standard Roof
  • Current Vehicle:2012 NV 2500 poptop Sportsmobile (SMB) and 2017 VW Tiguan Limited fwd

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

Welcome. The V6 will give you enough power.

If you are using your phone go to “Full Version” below and click on edit on your post or new posts. It is pretty straight forward to add photos. Much easier on a lap top. You can see your photos when attached. Don’t be surprised if they are sideways or upside down. I have trouble with vertical, as in how you hold your camera, photos. You can also create a photo gallery.

#3 Franram

Franram

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:53 AM

Thanks..I posted some pictures in the photo galley section.
  • radin2son likes this

#4 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2012 NV 2500 poptop Sportsmobile (SMB) and 2017 VW Tiguan Limited fwd

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

Great photo gallery. It is obvious you have done this before.

What was your previous van? Post some photos of it and give us a critic of both. We had a VW and enjoy our NV far more. Can’t figure out why anyone would buy a Westy now unless it is a cheap starter van, if you can find one that doesn’t cost $40k.

We know camping in the east and south typically means full hookups in state campgrounds. Do you have plans or have previously traveled west where hookups are few and often reserved/taken by big rigs. You mentioned mostly cooking outside your van, which is the way to go, but will you have a cooktop and refrigerator? Water?

#5 Franram

Franram

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

My first van was a GMC Savanna...without a high top. It was a 2001 and a factory conversion. ..Gm only made them for 2 years...
I put a twin bed in on the side, a cabinet for a galley, my dc fridge and a thetford cassette toilet. No fan or roof ac..took a 2,000 mile trip and came back knowing what I needed. It was hotter in Florida than I thought for January. The s reen I made for the windows did not stop the no seeums...
I worked outside early in the morning to beat the Georgia heat and now I have worked when it was not raining and above 50°. This really is my first conversion..the GMC was just the basics. I hate dirty hotel rooms and this is the main reason I did the first one. I am happy so many people put of info, how to videos on utube.I spent 1000s of hours researching this project.
  • radin2son likes this

#6 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:59 AM

It may be your “first” build, but nothing beats prior experience. That and build ability...

Let us know what works and doesn’t in your NV.

#7 ASD Dad

ASD Dad

• Moderators
  • 985 posts
  • Region:U.S., South Atlantic
  • LocationUpstate, SC
  • Model Year:2015
  • My NV:NV Passenger
  • Current Vehicle:NVP 3500 SL

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:17 PM

Nice gallery and nice build!  For a first time you did great.  I am sure you will find little tweaks to do as you use it.  We built our home last year and have already found a few things we would do differently even though we researched over a year and tweaked plans before and during the build.

• radin2son and andy_george like this

2015 NVP SL - Silver, 20% tint, Bully Dog GT, AEM filter w/ snorkel mod, Topper Rack, Luverne Grip Step running boards, Goodyear SilentArmor Pro Grades. DRL delete, LED's
2015 XLR Hyperlite 27HFS Toy Hauler
Blue Ox Sway Pro with Tekonsha P3 controller
Me, wife, 3 kids and 2 big dogs!

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·