Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum. You must register to create topics and post replies, however, registration is a free and simple process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .and more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Not the fuel pump, frayed wiring?

Fuel system Fuel pump Wiring Harness No start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tatunka

Tatunka

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northern Plains
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Nissan NVP w/Quigley 4x4 Conversion

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:11 PM

I am posting this so if anybody else has this problem, or if they have had this problem, write below.

So awhile back the MIL light came on, it came back as code P0448. A pretty common code with the 5.6 motor, evaporative emissions systems vent, short circuit. I thought no big deal, I must have filled the gas tank too full too many times. It would come and go, I would ignore it and clear the code.

Fast forward to last Saturday, I come out of work and start the truck. It reads low fuel. Ok, whatever. I go to the gas station and fill it up, 11.3 gals and shutoff. Umm, check the fuel gauge and it's still on E. I figured the gas gauge was bad, so I started to keep track of the fuel/mileage. Sunday, I go to start the truck and it wont start, WTF. I check the codes (P0448, P0447, P0183, P0181, P0463) fueses, relays, and bang on the tank. Nothing works. I get the truck towed to the stealer, they drop the tank and find that the wiring harness is frayed and shorting out causing the fuel system to shut down. So, the wiring harness is on its way and I'll report back the location of the harness and where it frayed. Has anybody heard of a frayed wiring harness, I would think the factory would secure the hell out of it. But I've been wrong before.
  • radin2son, Glidedon and ASD Dad like this

#2 andy_george

andy_george

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 475 posts
  • Region:U.S., Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • Model Year:2014
  • My NV:NV Passenger
  • Current Vehicle:2014 NVP SL, 2001 Honda CRV, 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

Wow. I’m intrigued. I’m automatically suspect of rodent damage. I’ve never heard of a newer vehicle having the harness get loose and wear anything through.

Keep us posted. Good luck.
  • radin2son, ASD Dad and Mark Rogers like this

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fuel system, Fuel pump, Wiring, Harness, No start

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·