ketchbaw

lift for nv3500

I am looking to do a lift on a 4x4 conversion and the nissan dealership can do a 2", 4", or 6".  I have seen various photos of the vehicles in the different lift configurations buy haven't seen them in person.  I am curious if any of you have any feedback on the size lift you did and whether you are happy with the height, overall ride (90 percent highway, 10 percent dirt) and whether you would have gone taller or smaller.  Also, is there a particular shock or leaf spring that you used that to help accomdate the lift.  Thanks and look forward to any information/advice/opinion you have.  The attach pic has a 2", 4", and 6" respectively but no human for scale:)

post-2997-0-87003800-1547043105_thumb.jpg

6" is crazy.  I dont see any need unless you are hardcore offroading and if you were I dont think the NV would be the choice unless it was your only choice.  Put a loaded roof rack on and you take a top heavy box offroading.  No thanks!

Most common is a simple 2" lift.  You can get very large tires, still get in and out of the van easily and dont mess with suspension geometry too much.

2” lift has been the lift of choice offered by Advanced and Quigley. The Quigley NV promo shows an NVP off roading near Moab.

Have you checked out the Nissan’s NV diesel and 4x4 conversion video? It probably had a 6” lift. That was extreme off road with skid plates getting a work out. I think the back bumper, spare tire etc were removed. I would have liked to see what the van looked like at the end.

Nissan dealerships converting NVs to 4x4 with Titan parts is relatively new and no one has posted much more than this.

Unless you plan to off road in the Big Bend area, 2” lift would be enough for 90% road use.

I have a 2” lift and 34” tires. I didn’t notice much of a difference in how my van rides from the stock van that I test drove when I decided to buy my van. I’ve taken mine on some pretty rough Jeep trails while camping and it performs like a champ. I’ve seen a van with a 6” lift and 35” tires over at Advanced. It is noticeably bigger but almost certainly overkill.