Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum. You must register to create topics and post replies, however, registration is a free and simple process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .and more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

lift for nv3500

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ketchbaw

ketchbaw

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S., Southern Plains
  • Locationtexas
  • Model Year:2019
  • My NV:NV Passenger
  • Current Vehicle:ram powerwagon

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:12 AM

I am looking to do a lift on a 4x4 conversion and the nissan dealership can do a 2", 4", or 6".  I have seen various photos of the vehicles in the different lift configurations buy haven't seen them in person.  I am curious if any of you have any feedback on the size lift you did and whether you are happy with the height, overall ride (90 percent highway, 10 percent dirt) and whether you would have gone taller or smaller.  Also, is there a particular shock or leaf spring that you used that to help accomdate the lift.  Thanks and look forward to any information/advice/opinion you have.  The attach pic has a 2", 4", and 6" respectively but no human for scale:)

Attached Files

#2 ASD Dad

ASD Dad

• Moderators
  • 985 posts
  • Region:U.S., South Atlantic
  • LocationUpstate, SC
  • Model Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:NVP 3500 SL

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:24 AM

6" is crazy.  I dont see any need unless you are hardcore offroading and if you were I dont think the NV would be the choice unless it was your only choice.  Put a loaded roof rack on and you take a top heavy box offroading.  No thanks!

Most common is a simple 2" lift.  You can get very large tires, still get in and out of the van easily and dont mess with suspension geometry too much.

• radin2son, Mark Rogers and ketchbaw like this

2015 NVP SL - Silver, 20% tint, Bully Dog GT, AEM filter w/ snorkel mod, Topper Rack, Luverne Grip Step running boards, Goodyear SilentArmor Pro Grades. DRL delete, LED's
2015 XLR Hyperlite 27HFS Toy Hauler
Blue Ox Sway Pro with Tekonsha P3 controller
Me, wife, 3 kids and 2 big dogs!

#3 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • LocationTucson AZ
  • Model Year:2012
  • My NV:NV2500 HD Cargo Standard Roof
  • Current Vehicle:2012 NV 2500 poptop Sportsmobile (SMB) and 2017 VW Tiguan Limited fwd

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:24 PM

2” lift has been the lift of choice offered by Advanced and Quigley. The Quigley NV promo shows an NVP off roading near Moab.

Have you checked out the Nissan’s NV diesel and 4x4 conversion video? It probably had a 6” lift. That was extreme off road with skid plates getting a work out. I think the back bumper, spare tire etc were removed. I would have liked to see what the van looked like at the end.

Nissan dealerships converting NVs to 4x4 with Titan parts is relatively new and no one has posted much more than this.

Unless you plan to off road in the Big Bend area, 2” lift would be enough for 90% road use.
  • ASD Dad, Mark Rogers and ketchbaw like this

#4 GrooveChampion

GrooveChampion

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • LocationNM
  • Model Year:2017
  • Current Vehicle:NV Passenger

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:11 PM

I have a 2” lift and 34” tires. I didn’t notice much of a difference in how my van rides from the stock van that I test drove when I decided to buy my van. I’ve taken mine on some pretty rough Jeep trails while camping and it performs like a champ. I’ve seen a van with a 6” lift and 35” tires over at Advanced. It is noticeably bigger but almost certainly overkill.
  • radin2son, ASD Dad and ketchbaw like this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·