Has anyone replaced their standard NV1500 non heated side mirrors with the OEM telescopic towing mirrors from a NV3500 ? What is involved ? Will the existing NV1500 mirror harness and connector work with the telescopic mirrors from a NV3500 ? The only ones I have seen as far as the OEM telescopic mirrors are all the heated one.

I am looking to upgrade my standard 2013 NV1500 SL V6 black mirrors with the Chrome Telescopic mirrors from a NV3500 Passenger or Cargo. Any advice will be appreciated.

I haven't replaced NV mirrors yet, but I'd be really surprised if the towing mirrors don't fit.  Not sure if the heating feature would work or not, though.  You may want to ask your dealer's service department what they think.

For a typical car, you just remove a bit of trim on the inside of the door, then remove three nuts that hold the mirror on, and disconnect a wiring harness for the mirror motor.  It's a quick and easy job.

Edited by Mark Rogers

I have replaced my stock mirrors with telescoping mirrors. 3 maybe 4 nuts come off, unplug old and remove, plug in new, replace 3 to 4 nuts . I will tell you that if you NV did NOT come with heated mirrors to begin with, you will NOT have them on the replacement mirrors either. I do have power mirrors as factory ones

I got my mirrors from 1aauto.com and blacked out the chrome before installung them. Someone else had found them cheaper on this forum but I cant recall who it was

Edited by Bamps

Bamps,

Thank You for confirming my suspicion on the heated part of the mirror question I had. I am assuming all the power adjustments work from inside the van like the old mirrors - just not heated. As long as the plug from the NV1500 works with the telescopic mirrors.

Did those mirrors make significant difference in your rear view even if you were not towing just because you had the extra reach ?

Did you buy your mirrors new or used ? Approximately how much did you pay

Thanks again.

Bamps,

Thank You for confirming my suspicion on the heated part of the mirror question I had. I am assuming all the power adjustments work from inside the van like the old mirrors - just not heated. As long as the plug from the NV1500 works with the telescopic mirrors.

Did those mirrors make significant difference in your rear view even if you were not towing just because you had the extra reach ?

Did you buy your mirrors new or used ? Approximately how much did you pay

Thanks again.

Mine I bought new. The mirrors are a MUST for towing IMO and help considerably to see behind me. I had previously gone through the gauntlet of the mirror clamp on extenders the strategically fell off at freeway speeds while changing lanes, and the fender clampers that suddenly dropped to give an awesome top view of the right front tire.

When not towing I slide the mirrors back in and the rear view is excellent.

Here’s a link: https://www.1aauto.com/2012-16-nissan-mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00334/i/1amrp01201?f=703438&y=2015

Edited by Bamps