Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum. You must register to create topics and post replies, however, registration is a free and simple process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .and more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Q: Battery Location and Others

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rahvin2j3

Rahvin2j3

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Region:Asia
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Model Year:None
  • My NV:None
  • Current Vehicle:Lancer

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:59 AM

Hi Guys,

Good day!

May I ask some questions?

- Can we add a house battery under the hood? Or it has to be inside the cargo area.

- For NV3500 SV/SL - what's the AH value of the so-called HD battery (as what I can see in the brochure)?

- I know that the alternator is 130AH - is this enough to charge house batteries via ACR and others? Or, there is a need to install another one.

Thank you in advance!

- Rahv

• Mark Rogers likes this

#2 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • LocationTucson AZ
  • Model Year:2012
  • My NV:NV2500 HD Cargo Standard Roof
  • Current Vehicle:2012 NV 2500 poptop Sportsmobile (SMB) and 2017 VW Tiguan Limited fwd

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:52 AM

Rahv, You could, but why? For simplicity’s sake, leave the vehicle battery/alternator alone.

Ford makes/made a bracket to mount the house batteries to the frame, yet E series owners put them under the floor in the back. DIY conversions have the batteries inside and rely on solar charging. No need to connect to the vehicle battery.

Check with other conversion specific forums to get answers. There just is not that much interest on this forum.

You have yet to disclose what vans and floor plans you are considering and when you hope to reside in Canada. This would make for more interesting posts than just asking questions... It would also let others on this forum, who have owned Chevys etc, to offer help and/or opinions.

Edited by radin2son, 27 January 2019 - 12:30 PM.

• andy_george and ASD Dad like this

Custom Search

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·