Dan_P4X

Potentially New NV 1500 Owner! I have some questions...

Hey everyone,

I am most likely going to pull the trigger on a new (18') LR NV 1500 SV next week.  I currently own a 08' Titan P4X which I really love, but I'm needing a cargo van to make life a little easier for my business.

I have a couple of questions, and I'd really like to hear your real world experience and opinions.  

1) I will most likely opt for the 4.0.  From what I've read, if you aren't carrying a huge amount of weight all the time and it's a low roof, gas mileage will be better with the V6 - What is your experience? I am huge VK56 fan, but I'm currently getting around 13.5 mpg with my p4x and I'd like to see an improvement on that if possible.  

2) Do any of you know if a back seat option available in the aftermarket world? It would be great to be able to bolt in some seats and belts if I needed for a trip with the entire family.  Not a necessity, but just curious if it's an option

3) How has your experience been with the Nissan 100k warranty? It's a huge selling point obviously, just wondering how well it's executed.  

4) Anything weird/quirks/features I should know about, or at least something you wish you knew before buying yours? 

My Titan is the first Nissan product I've bought, and despite some issues it's been my favorite pick-up out of the 4 f150's, Ram 2500 and Tacoma I've owned - Really looking forward to getting into this mobile bread box!

Thanks!

Dan

Edited by Dan_P4X

If you go with the 1500, your engine choice is the V6 with no high roof available. MPG can be better but how much depends on the driver etc.

Back seat options in cargo configurations are a problem. You may want to go with the passenger version as others have done. More expensive but you could still get the V6.

No reported issues with the warranty. Some problems with anemic rear ac in the passenger NVs. The ac in cargo NVs is great in the cab but not in back. Recent report of an older blown V6 and a few other doomed engines probably due to poor maintenance. Problems have been few.

It looks like you are near Denver, so finding a commercial dealer will not be hard. It can be a challenge if you use this to travel.

Navigation system is car based and not particularly useful. Upgrades even less so. Your phone or tablet will do a better job.

Good choice for a van...

Edited by radin2son

I would suggest you go for the 2500.  Resale will be better than for the light weight one.  And you should be able to have a van seat bolted in the back.  With seat belts.  Be sure they are secured properly.

I love the v8.  I dont get passed unless I wan to be.

Installing rear seats in a cargo van has been tossed around quite a bit, but only 2 known to have done it. One was a commercially installed single seat and the other was a diy Transit bench seat. If I recall correctly, the latter was diy because no commercial installer would take it on. Liability?

NVP 2500 offers the most options at a good price.