Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy K.

Hello From South texas!

Hello all!

I must admit I do not own an NV yet. I instead own a 2006 Chevy Express with 250K on the odometer. 
I own a window cleaning business and the van has been very dependable with a few exceptions. My goal is to get it to 300K miles and then replace it with a new work van.

If you had asked me 10 years ago what I would replace my Chevy with I would have said "another Chevy".

But then GM got rid of the 1500 version of the Express nudging would be buyers towards the 2500 and 3500 models. That's all fine and good except these vans have gotten very expensive with very little innovations in the last 15 years. In fact other than a 6-speed transmission and minor updates to the dashboard and the addition of basic tech like Bluetooth, the 2019 Express is THE EXACT SAME AS MY 2006!
So that really pushes Chevy out of the running as a replacement. 
The ProMaster is a joke as far as reliability goes and the Transit and Sprinter are extremely expensive(although there is a stripped down work van version that's not too pricey).
So that leaves me looking at the NV. Which at first I dismissed as kinda ugly. But recently I've found myself growing fond of that design. And the price is very reasonable!
Needless to say, it looks like my next van will be an NV. Possibly a 2021 model year. Lets hope Nissan doesn't change it too much before I'm ready to buy!

Thanks for allowing me to join and be a part of this community!

Jeremy

We came from a 2004 Savana conversion van. 5 years into owning the NV3500, I have zero regrets, and I am willing to bet you’ll feel the same.

Have fun shopping!