sob

Hello from Central Illinois

Hi All! Just bought a 2018 NV 3500 after quite a bit of research and forum lurking. Things were getting a bit too crowded in the Honda Odyssey with our 4 older kids and our now 2 year old twins.

Preparing for our first road trip in 2 weeks for Spring Break from Illinois to Colorado so any tips on storage/organization welcome. Thinking about getting a Thule cargo box on the hitch but curious on others perspective.

I’ve had an underbody spray applied to try and combat the massive amounts of salt that they like to spread each winter here. Had them tint the front windows but may go back and have them ceramic tint the other windows ty try and block heat/glare. I have a rather extensive video solution that should be done in the next week or so that I’ll post a separate thread on.

Anyhow - thanks for the great content and ideas!

Awesome, welcome and congrats! I’m sure your family will appreciate all the extra space and cargo room a full size van offers over a minivan. Not to mention the better line of sight because the seats are so much higher. Can’t wait for the video. Enjoy your trip!

Welcome. Good choice.

I’ve always preferred roof top carriers for bikes, but on nothing this tall. MPG will be less but you may notice your mpg gets better the closer you get to the Rockies. Head winds permitting...

We’ve carried bikes on the back, but it is a pain opening up the rear doors but this may be a function of having a camper van.

What you may encounter is lower octane. Just use whatever regular gas is available.

Check out “States your van has visited” under Lounge-Off Topic. It has an interactive map that you and your family may like. Another is “Show us your NV...”

Edited by radin2son