Finally got my van after a long wait and a bunch of lies and misrepresentations from the dealer. It was a nightmare of a process but hey I finally have it.

I haven’t had a chance to get it out yet because the dealer has not sent the appropriate paperwork for me to register it and they delivered it with the check engine light on.

OH Yeah, and the mirror cover fell off in the parking lot

I’m still hopeful I can get the bugs worked out and have a great van. Even after the nightmare experience

Will post back after I can get it out for a proper ride!

Edited by quietriot

Welcome. Looks like like you have quite the van.

Is this a commercial dealer in Varies, Other that we need to avoid?

What dealer?  Would be nice to know.  

Nice looking van so I hope they sort things out for you!

Tim Dahle Southtown. Everyone I came in contact with over there had a lie to tell. I did a custom suspension job that took some time to come in but even with that it took 5 or 6 weeks longer than promised.

When I would call them to find out what was going on service would tell me it was ready and they just needed sales to ship it. Sales would tell me it wasn’t done yet and they couldn’t ship it.

That’s the short version - but even after all the waiting they delivered it with the check engine light on and pieces falling off.

I bought from that same dealership and had a great experience.  I guess it depends on who you're lucky enough to work with.  Also, my van was completely stock, so that may have made a difference.

Your van's issues that should be covered by the warranty, but I know that can still be a hassle.  It does look nice, though!

Edited by Mark Rogers

Quietriot, was this their “Titan” 4x4 NV conversion or one by Advanced? 6” lift?

TD’s web site doesn’t revel much beyond doing their own 4x4 conversion. If you have one, you may have an early conversion depending on how many they have done. Doesn’t excuse anything. Actually, they should have “gone beyond...” to make you an ambassador rather than a detractor. When will sales and service get the power of the internet?

Hope things turn out well.

Mark Rogers, How is their service department? I’ve given up on the 1 commercial dealership in Tucson and use an independent shop. My main complaint has been they don’t know you or your vehicle.

Oh man, I was wondering if it was them after I saw your van!  I had a bad experience with Tyler Slade who I think is a big manager/partner there.  Totally unprofessional and getting answers was like pulling teeth with pliers.  I gave up after trying for a few days.  He was advertising some big specials on FB and thought about getting a newer NV with the new engine/transmission combo.  Had to ask the same questions over and over, could not get straight answers and he wouldnt hand me off to someone else if he was too busy or just didnt care.  Wasnt worth the aggravation. 

Mark Rogers, How is their service department? I’ve given up on the 1 commercial dealership in Tucson and use an independent shop. My main complaint has been they don’t know you or your vehicle.

I never had any service done there.  I flew there, picked up the van, and drove it home to Idaho.  I've taken it to a commercial dealership here a few times and they've worked out just fine.

6 inch lift with coil over suspension. The 4wd is Nissan parts (not done by advanced). Has electronic shift on the fly - no shifter on the floor.

Got to take a short ride today and rides well.

We are going to add a couple of 4x4 vans to the fleet at work. I would have loved to build a couple more from TD but there is no way I’m dealing with them again. The next two will be from somewhere else, probably quigley if they are still doing them.

Edited by quietriot

If you get over the negative buying experience, (most are but not to this degree), and you like the results, give us a quick review. Curious how you plan to use your current van.

The van went to the local dealer today to get all the things fixed that Tim Dahle should have done correctly. Once I get it back I’ll post a review in the 4x4 section.

The saga continues. My local dealer has been fantastic. He is trying to get Tim Dahle Southtowne to honor the warranty and make them pay for the broken parts they installed incorrectly.

Amazingly he is trying to get ahold of some one for several days they would not return his call or mine. He finally got in touch with someone over there and they told him they did not sell me the van. These guys are a special kind of sleaze bag.

Is that Ken Garff Nissan?

5 years ago, they were 1 of 8+ dealers who sold NV Sportsmobiles.

Edited by radin2son

No That dealership is not caught up in this. My local dealer is in Greeley CO. They have been great.

For some reaso, I thought you were in SLC or somewhere in Utah...

Dont know how I missed this post but better late than never. What a gem that one is!! Welcome

Spam his FB posts on the FB NV Family page.  He still posts over there about "deals" and I post when I see them.  So happy I walked away from that dealership!  

LOL. I’m not on Facebook or I might.