vanguy

Where to mount brake controller?

Where did you mount your brake controller?

The left side of the dash has the fuse block & hood  latch button.

It appears that the right side has the OBDC connection just above the gas pedal (correct me if I'm wrong). I didn't pay attention when I mounted my last one on my Chevy van & I put it right above the OBDC connection & every time I went to get an inspection they wanted to remove my brake controller. What a hassle.

That only leaves just to the right of the steering column. I can't see or reach it very well there.

Where did you mount yours?

I mounted mine just to the right of the steering wheel but down low. It almost hits my right shin.

Thanks bachex

That looks like about the only place but I was worried about the same thing, would I keep knocking it with my leg.

I'm 6' 4" but most of the height is in my torso. My wife had a rear facing carseat right behind me and it was a bit tight....I never hit my shin but it grazed it a couple times. She moved the car seat to the center position on the first row and now I can scoot the seat back just a bit. Unless you are super tall and can't put the seat back you should be ok with it in that position.

I mounted mine in the cubby below the radio/nav unit.  I put it there so that I could reach it in an emergency and it was level with all the other controls so I can watch what its doing.

What brand is your controller? I thought this would be a good place to mount it as well.

I mounted mine in the cubby below the radio/nav unit.  I put it there so that I could reach it in an emergency and it was level with all the other controls so I can watch what its doing.

Did you drill a hole in the back of the cubby hole?

I simply mounted my brake controller at my right knee.

Sorry guys, I never checked back on this thread until now.

My controller is a Teknosha Prodigy, to mount it I took the dash apart (pretty easy, just need patience) and took out the cubby.  I drilled a hole for the harness to fit into and ran the wires to the trailer brake hook up under the dash. I secured the controller with a screw into the exsiting mounting hole on the contoller through the cubby.  So far so good, no problems overheating, and its in arms reach in case of emergency.