fast1gt

Gas Mileage

Present Owners, what gas mileage are you getting?

my 2500sv v6 fully loaded gets 18-19 on the highway and consistently 14.5 in the city. so i would say im averaging 16-17mpg. Not bad at all

my 2500sv v6 fully loaded gets 18-19 on the highway and consistently 14.5 in the city. so i would say im averaging 16-17mpg. Not bad at all

"Fully loaded"

How much weight?

WOW - that's really good! :happy feet:

2500 SV, V6, with approx. 1000lbs of dog "stuff" and dogs, 19.1MPG on very hilly interstate through CT last weekend. Barely 1k on the odometer, I'm hoping that only gets better as it breaks in. That was keeping it at around 70MPH or below, if I cranked it up to 75-80 the MPG fell way off...

have 2500 miles on mine and have only been getting 13-14 mpg, dealer says its because I'm running the ac, hope it gets better, need the ac at times, but did run it without and the millage was only about a half mile mpg better, dont run much weight and the driving is pretty even city/highway, just gonna wait and see.......

I just picked up a 2012 2500 NV HD SV hightop with the V6. I have less than 1,000 miles on it but had to drive it home from the dealer which was a 400 mile trip. On the highway, I got a little more than 17mpg with the air on. Around town, I am averaging about 15.5 mostly with the air off as it's starting to get cooler around here. I am hoping that it gets better once broken in.

My NV 2500 with the 6 Cyl. Is consistently getting poorer milage hauling about 1400 lbs of parts. Started out at 17.3 now i am at 12.1. Generally driving the same country roads. Makes me think I could of had the power of the V8 with about the same milage.

I hit the 8K mile mark this week. Filled up and took the van down the highway on 100+ mile round trip. Going down I kept my speed @ 65mph and got around 17 mpg. On the way back, I kept it @ 60mph and my mpg went up to 21. This say a lot about the wind resistance I talked about in and earlier post.

I got from 14 to 15 towing 2500 pound toy hauler to south Florida and back to NC with V6 2500 standard roof. Have gotten near 19 not towing. Have 4800 miles on the 2500 now. I drive around 65 towing and not much more when not towing, maybe 70 except when passing.

Around Miami/Ft Lauderdale in stop and go I got 12 to 14 not towing but lots of stops/starts.

By the way Ft Lauderdale must be vying for "stop light camera capital of the world" - they have put cameras at just about every stop light. Would have been nice if they put that money into a computerized system to coordinate the lights to reduce the number of stops and goes!!!!!

Im averaging 16-17 mixed driving. Im about 60% highway. So far Im doing better than my Titan.

My 2500 HR is about 16 @70 mph with about 400 lbs

I am geting 16.5 mpg average ,driving mostly empty .Its a 1500 sv low roof v6 .

Bobby .

First weekend road trip in the new to me nv1500 s low roof , turned 20k this weekend . About 1000lbs of kids , motorcycle , tools , cooler and new puppy ....:). 900 mile round trip mostly freeway @ 55 to 75 , a little semi drafting , frequent rest area stops for the puppys sake and mileage avg. reset when I filled up to start the adventure . And the NV says it averaged 21.9 ! I can't wait to align it correctly and add my trailer hitch and the K&N airfilter that's sitting under my drivers seat waiting to get installed . And then to relearn the ECU's so they learn how I drive , and let her adaptives adopt me . I'm really Impressed with this vehicle so far , I see it being in the family for a long time !

Glenn

800 miles on my NV2500, about 1500 lbs tools and such, mixed highway and around town. I'm already getting 16.5. I'm hoping it goes up a little with more break-in.

25mpg hwy.

16mpg city

the v6 is the better choice if your carring less than 2000 lbs.

Just turned 30k on my 1500 S low top V6 , 20.8 average by computer , 21 by paper and pencil . commute is 50 miles a day 70% freeway , the rest 40 mph w/stop lights .

I have seen the dash creep up to 25 on long road trips @ 70 mph . K&N air filter and 0w-30w mobil 1... I really like this van for what it is and gives ....

Edited by axulsuv

My NV 2500 HD with the V6 is getting 19.7 mpg combined hwy and city not to bad me thinks. :D

1000 + mile road trip weekend before last ., 30degree temps , Filled up with 0 ethanol 93 at start , and filled up with the same in alabama ... 1 kid and dog with me .

1 Trials bike in back on the way home . Hilly drive both ways . @ 65 to 75 , 22.8 average for the weekend ... I love this bread box

V6 low roof , 35k on the clock

Glenn

I just installed a cruise control kit last weekend , I 'm curious if it or me will get better mpg on my up coming vacation next week . will be a 1000 mile trip with just me  , my 4 trials motorcycles and my aluminum Triton trailer and coolers and gear ... Can't wait to leave . :)

Glenn

The van has about 1600 miles on the clock. I drive 60 mph on non interstate roads for daily round trips of 40 miles with no stop lights or stop signs. With pencil and paper I am getting 15.6 mpg. I keep the rpm below 2000 so I am light on the  accelerator.

I don't haul more than 500 lbs in the van so I am wondering if the V6 would have been a noticeably better mpg choice with my high roof

NV 2500.

Memorial Day weekend I took a little vacation , Me my four trials bikes , my triton aluminum trailer and camping gear for a total of about 3000lbs . 1000 mile round trip , ethanol free 93 fillup to start , and 89 for the rest . My average fuel consumption for the trip was 19.6 , by paper and pencil and the computer .... I didn't go much above 70 , but didn't get in anybodys way either . K&N air filter , Mobil 1 0w 30 oil , cruise control on flatlands .... I love this van !!!!

Glenn

oh yeah , V6 1500 low roof

Edited by axulsuv

I am getting about 18.5 -19 mpg on a NV 2500 hd with 8000 kms combined city and highway. 

Hello I have the v-6 2500 and got it used from a Nissan dealer that used it as parts delivery. It had 10K when I got it just over a year ago. I average 12 to 12.5 in mixed driving with an average of 500 lbs. of cargo. Very Dissappointed! I hear that some are getting in the high teens and this blows my mind. I wanted and expected to get an extra 3-4 MPG, and would rather have the V-8 power for this crummy mielage. Driving in Denver at this altitude should not decrease the MPG that much. Love the truck hate the MPG.

It isn't the altitude so much as it is the mixed driving - IMO. I have the 2500 high roof with v-8. Highway trips (which are why I have it) are 16 to 17 and it doesn't care if that is at 55 or 65 mph, windy or calm. I've only driven it around town once and the mixed results dropped to 12.

Hope some others will share their results.