bo1500000

New Van - Squeaky Sliding Door

Hello,  I just got my new 3500 HD about a week ago, and after a couple days my sliding door while driving squeaks and chirps almost non-stop.  Anytime we hit a small bump, or sometimes just driving on a smooth road it starts to squeak constantly.  It's really driving me nuts.  The door has so many inter-workings, that I have no idea if I could just correct this with a little grease or bolt tightening. 

2 Questions:

1) Has anybody had this issue, and were you able to correct it?

2) There are no commercial Nissan dealers around me (had to drive almost 400 miles roundtrip to get my NV).  Do you think a non-commerical Nissan dealer could support this issue?

Thanks,

Brain

dont have that issue with my NV. Have someone ride in the van and sit right next to the door and have them try to pinpoint the sound.. i assume there is an interior panel on the passenger, so id take that off, might be able to hear it better

Last night I rode it the back of the NV while my wife drove. Assuming it was the door the entire time I continued to put my ears by the door focusing on the sound, but after several minutes I realized that it was not the door.  It's the single chair (closest to the door) in the third row!!!  If I hold the chair with pressure from my hands then the sound stops.  In fact, if barley shake the chair I can reproduce the sound.  Now, I need to figure out how to mitigate this sound.  Any ideas?

tighten some bolts, WD-40, hammer

tighten some bolts, WD-40, hammer

I can fix anything with a hammer. It's the only tool I own!

The fix was to sightly pull the seat out (the seat in the third row closest to the door) using the straps, and dropping it back into the clamps.  I feel like an idiot.  It really sounded like the sliding door.

I had the same exact issue on the same seat! Reseating it solved the chirp. Must be installed at factory that way.

I do have this squeky sliding door problem! and its the slider 14,000 miles 2013 and its really driving me nuts its a stock model cargo no seats and I know it the door is there ant type of adjustments for this ??? HELP!

thanks

John

I wiped/sprayed some silicone spray on my sliders weather striping and it seats better and is quiet . Check the door fit from the outside though , and confirm that it is closing correctly , seams even and flush .

Glenn

My single back seat will make noise sometimes. Most of time my seats are out for hauling stuff. You do have to push the sliding door shut, unlike the electric sliding door of the Chrysler.

I can fix anything with a hammer. It's the only tool I own!

To the man with only a hammer, everything is a nail. - Abraham Maslow

I own  many hammers.

mine came out after 3 day of purchased . they said it a loose adjustment on the rear passenger door they fixed in in 15 min.

The noisy sliding door is a manufacture known issue. Dealer told me they couldn't fix it, and calked it in to Corp. I called Corp. & they had no record of dealer calling. I opened claim with Corp. & they have yet to address it. They said they had engineers working on it.

Mine was squeaking, and I found the solution was the put some lube (grease seemed to be a partial fix, but anti-sieze thread lubricant solved the issue) on the square rubber bumpers on the front jam of the door. They are directly above the cone-shaped thingys. Try that and see if it helps.

And I'm still threatening to put some dynamat on the interior of the slider door, to make it close with a nicer "thud"

Andy

I had this issue too and follow the instructions I found online. Might even have been this forum. The guide cones on the inside of the slider just need to be adjusted. I loosened the screws and moved them all the way out as far as they would go. I then tightened the screws back down. Easy as that. I haven't has a single squeak since.