Dadof6

Beep after stopping at a stoplight

Every once in a while, after we stop at a stoplight, we hear a single beep. There aren't any cars close to the front or the back of the van. Has anyone else had this happen?

Any lights on dash ? There is a beep to accompany low fuel light coming on. You don't have a progressive snapshot device that could be beeping to?

Nope, no lights on the dash that I've noticed. I'll have to pay more attention to that. We don't have a progressive snapshot either.

It's kind of wierd. I assumed the first time that it was a beep from either the front or rear sensors because of other cars, but it was only one beep and no close cars.

Dadof6, Did you ever figure out what was causing the beep?  I just bought a new 2013 and the same thing is happening to me?

Dirty sensors is the most common problem, yes, you'd think it'd be constant but not always so. Winter plug in cord hanging down also causes it.  I had one end user who also had a broken sensor which was slightly pushed in (someone must have pushed hard on it) which was causing the problem.

thegampps:  No, we never did figure it out.  It seems to happen only during city driving, and only at a stop light/sign.  It's not every stop sign or light.  Sometimes there are cars nearby, sometimes there aren't.  

We haven't driven a ton of miles yet, so it hasn't gone in for it's first checkup and oil change.  When it does, we'll ask them to check it out.

Bates:  Just the sensors on the bumpers?  They seem to work great other times when we're parking.  I was thinking maybe we have a loose wire somewhere, but I'll check out the sensors too.

Just eyeball them, see if one seems to be pushed in further than the others. Inspect the rubber around the sensor for it being broken too.

All that said, every now and then there's a defective sensor.  I haven't had it with an NV yet but other vehicles I've sold in the past have.

Any other than that....I have no idea and you'll have to get service to dig into it.

Mine does this too. In fact, I am sitting at my dealer service right now, and that is one of the things I asked them to look at. I'll post if they find anything.

My sensors beep randomly a lot, nothing broken. I have had my winter cord in the way, put that behind the grille and that took 80% of the problem away. Otherwise it's just something that just happens, all the time in the rain, snow, and if dirty, but sometimes just randomly.  I also noticed that the front sensors activate/sound when backing, and vice versa. The manual states that the front sensors are supposed to be off when backing and the backs off when going forward, this is not true on my truck.

if you have a NAV system the beeps may be coming from there. There is a setting in the setup section to turn it off.

Mine does this too.  Will report it during the first oil change.  Hope it's just a bad sensor.  I am getting a new head unit installed this week so that will tell me if it was the nav unit that was causing it. 

I've noticed the same as Tatunka.  In particular if you come to a hard stop, I notice a single beep from the front sensors.  I believe this is a result of the nose dipping when applying the brakes hard.  I don't notice it any other time, however, as Tatunka said, the front sensors are definitely on when in reverse.

I've only had my NV for 10 days so too early to tell, but it hasn't been an annoyance yet. Time will tell.

I've had my NV for about 3 months now and it's been randomly beeping for the past two months.  I get beeps while driving and stopped.  I now have my entire family staring at my dash to see if something pops up.  Still can't figure it out.  I saw one mention of a GPS setting, so I'll look into that.  But then again, my GPS went bad, so Nissan is replacing my head unit.  I'll let you all know if replacing my radio fixes the random beeps.

Mine still does this even with a third party (JVC) head unit.  Seems worse in the rain.  Very irritating. 

Radio/GPS got replaced and it's still beeping. I'm thinking it might be the front sensors. So, I tried cleaning them with Windex and did not get any beeps on the subsequent drive. Will keep trying...

We've experienced a few phantom beeps, but it always goes away, so I'm not too concerned yet. It is usually during wet roads. Probably happened 2 or 3 times in 3500 miles.

After cleaning my front sensors with windex, I only had 1 random beep in the past week. But, the minute after I leave the car wash yesterday, the beeping was out of control! So, it looks like water or moisture is the cause.

Just bought my'15 NV3500 SL a few weeks ago and mine is beeping a lot in the rain, mostly when coming to a stop. Weird that Nissan hasn't fixed this issue yet.

coming to a stop makes sense as the sensors should only operate at approx 5 mph or less. 

mine always come on when backing out of a driveway and the the truck is approaching the street. 

simple way to test it's the parking sonar is to shut the system off with the switch on the lower dash. 

Rick

coming to a stop makes sense as the sensors should only operate at approx 5 mph or less. 

mine always come on when backing out of a driveway and the the truck is approaching the street. 

simple way to test it's the parking sonar is to shut the system off with the switch on the lower dash. 

Rick

It's definitely the sonar.  Turning the switch off stops the beeping.

Coming to a stop or backing out into a street doesn't make sense to me, nor does it make sense that rain amplifies the problem.  I have a F-150 and a Tundra with sensors.  Neither one act up like the NV does.  

It's definitely the sonar.  Turning the switch off stops the beeping.

Coming to a stop or backing out into a street doesn't make sense to me, nor does it make sense that rain amplifies the problem.  I have a F-150 and a Tundra with sensors.  Neither one act up like the NV does.  

tell me about it. took mine in last week for the seat belts and side door. 3 hours wasted and they have to order parts. even the gps sd card they ordered is the same old 2012 version i already have. amazing as it was packaged in 2013 and shipped to the dealer in 2015. don't they ever turn over old inventory? 

towing my trailer causes the sensors to go bazerk. i turn them off while towing. 

Rick

One of my rear sensor had to be replaced after the bezel that holds it in place fell off.Seems you can't order just the bezel...

No problem as it was covered under warranty, but ever since it was replaced the system seems to see things 10-20 feet away, doesn't give the short beeps at all anymore,just long ones.

Does anyone know if the sensor system needs to be calibrated after a sensor replacement?

I'm really curious to know if anyone has solved this problem.  We've been working with our dealer (and now Nissan Customer Service) on this issue for almost 3 months.  We bought a 2015 Nissan NV Passenger SL and we can't remember when this started happening but it was within the first month.  The problem was random but fairly repeatable.  The dealership engaged Nissan engineering and they replaced all 4 sensors on the van.  When we got the van back, the problem reproduced within 24 hours.

After extensive conversations with the Service Manager (who is a total #@#$%^&*) and hte GM, we paid for a new van for $300 - which was basiclaly the tax on the depreciation of the first van and a doc fee (same exact van) - ours had about 1500 miles on it.

Within 24 hours the new van started doing the same thing.  They again have replaced all 4 sensors and swapped out the nav unit but when we got the van back again, the problem reproduced within 2 minutes.  They obviously didn't test drive it.

After hounding Nissan customer service, they now have a few people coming out next week to take a look at it.  We are going on vacation for a week so forced them to get us a loaner from a rental company (a Ford 12 passenger!).

Please post if you are still continuing to have this issue or if you have resolved it in any way!

Still have it but it doesnt sound like mine happens nearly as often as yours.  The sensors are utter crap honestly.  They beep when you dont want them to beep and then Dont beep when they are supposed to beep.  There is a restaurant we stop at somewhat regularly and they have a huge retaining wall since it's set down a bit.  We're talking 30+ feet tall of solid stone that is maybe a couple feet away from the parking surface curbing.  I can pull right up until my bumper nearly touches, stop the van and get ready to put it into park and Then it beeps!  Once.  That happens at other times as well but this is a huge wall.

So it wont beep then but does beep when I pull up to a stop and there is not a single person or vehicle around me...

I'd love to disable them permanently but nobody has been able to figure it out.

This is pretty exemplary of what ours does: