Sign in to follow this  
Tatunka

NV rear axle info

I have been intrested in the rear axle in the NV but there is no infomation that I can find.  So I took pictures to help ID it so someone more knowledgeable than me can help.  I know it is some type of AAM axle, just not sure which one or the capacities.

View from the rear (14 bolts)

3404995_l.jpg

Rear Cover part#?

3404996_l.jpg

Axle Part#?

3404997_l.jpg

Some Other Markings

3404998_l.jpg

What info are you seeking exactly?

I just want to know what axle this is, RAWR, spline count, ect. I know there are other members also looking for this info so I posted pictures help ID the axle. I have looked on AAM website but find no mention of this axle or the part number.  I emailed AAM, but I have not heard back as of yet.

I was searching some Titan XD forums, and they confirmed that they are using the same rear end as our NV's. 250mm rear end.

I was looking into the same 250mm rear end 3.73 gears that they offer for the ZL1, and seeing if that would work. 3.90's would be just right in my NV !!!

I have a NV2500 with Tow Package and Desperately want to add a "Locker" to the Differental. Can anyone give advice?

I have a NV2500 with Tow Package and Desperately want to add a "Locker" to the Differental. Can anyone give advice?

I would highly reccomend if you can find a selectable locker, (E locker, air locker) because of the ABLS system

I just bought  a left over 19 and iam going to lift it 6in and run heavy hauler wheels19.5  & tires and there 35" tall and I want to go to a 4:10 or 4:56 and a locker of some sort.. and leads or any of these goods 

This is an old topic, so you may want to pm Bamps or others. He has posted in a long time. 

Bamps, however, is probably busy contemplating whether or not to buy a 2020 Frontier with new engine and 9 speed tranny before it comes here as a “world” pickup. 

Also interested in a locker in my axle… if anyone have information ?