Sign in to follow this  
DeniseB

noise in sliding door

• when driving on rough road I hear a noise in the sliding door that sounds like metal flexing. with the panel off I can't see anything but the noise seems to be coming from where the door meets with the front door pillar. Anyone have any ideas.

I notice a squeaking of the door when on a bumpy dirt road. It is more pronounced when cold.

The door has not been looked at any further to see what causes the sound. Maybe one day my wife

will drive and I can sit in the back and find out what is going on.

The single seats squeak and rattle too.

Ours squeaked like crazy.  The first fix was to lift out the third row single seat and reset it back down.  Fixed A LOT of the noise.  Try that.  BUT our door still squeaked, and especially loud when wet.  It had been like this since we purchased it a year ago.  Just this week I finally took it to a local dealership to have them deal with it.  They reapplied grease and silicone to seals, it was almost gone, then they ended up taking off the panel and doing something interior wise.  It's almost perfect...so far.  They also had to replace a part for the automatic door lock on the slider which never worked since we purchased.  Enjoying the van.

I've noticed our slider also squeaks on rough gravel roads, but I've only noticed it the last few days with temps at 10 degrees or lower. Hopefully it stays a very cold-weather squeak and goes away when the frigid temps leave.

I have not noticed any squeaks, but when it rains, it sounds as if a wall of water is pouring thru the door.

It's strange because I don't notice any road noise at all on dry pavement.

When its raining & the road is wet it sounds like Noah's flood is chasing me down.

I have a rattle in the top rear corner. Wife drove and I found it went away when I pushed out on that corner of the door. There is no factory adjustment on the latch at that corner, I removed and modified the holes to a slot to adjust the latch. Noise is mostly gone, but still happens on really rough roads. I have the high roof by the way. Plan on working on it soon to understand and make it tight and quiet. Had two dirt bikes and a bunch of stuff in the van and pulling camper to race last weekend and noise would happen on rough bridges and potholes, so getting closer.

DeniseB have you resolved this issue yet?  We have a similar issue and it is driving me crazy.