Hello,  I have a new NV 3500 low top truck...love it.  I can't find a tube rack (looks sporty looking, but also is functional for equipment, ladders, etc).  There is a photo on Google that has the ladder, rack, wheels, all in black and looks awesome.  I just can't find where to buy it.  Please help if you know where to get them and fit the screw holes.

I just tinted the windows (huge difference), put in a removable storage drawer in the back, and it's looking sweet.  Next are the running boards, ladder for the side or rear, and roof rack.

Carypost-1029-0-20419900-1430058930_thumb.jpg

Looks just like mine! Congrats.

The rack you saw is by Aluminess and they are custom built to order. Rear ladder is not theirs, they did just design a side ladder for our vans.

Rack, slats and ladder runs $2500 shipped and takes 8 weeks to build. Incredible work and product but you definitely pay for it!

Another option - you can build a Yakima setup. Landing pad 1 fits the mounting points according to a guy here. After that just buy control towers, bars and accessories to suit needs. I mock built one for a Megawarrior basket with extension and it came to $1000

Cheapest big rack option I've found and will probably buy soon - check out Topper racks. Galvanized steel, 500-750 pound weight capacity depending on mount picked and its a full 12 feet long like tge Aluminess. It's not black but price is only $450.

I need a rack for camping so will mod it with slats and tie downs but it will still be way under Yakima with a higher load capacity and twice the length.

I can vouch that the Yakima landing pads fit correctly. I've had them on my van for a while now.

x

Edited by Jerry

x

Edited by Jerry

Here is the Topper rack.  Pretty nice for $400.

12 feet long, 7 cross bars and has the side rails.  Lifetime warranty as well for defects.

post-1016-0-19731500-1432151979_thumb.jpg

Edited by ASD Dad

Hello,  I have a new NV 3500 low top truck...love it.  I can't find a tube rack (looks sporty looking, but also is functional for equipment, ladders, etc).  There is a photo on Google that has the ladder, rack, wheels, all in black and looks awesome.  I just can't find where to buy it.  Please help if you know where to get them and fit the screw holes.

I just tinted the windows (huge difference), put in a removable storage drawer in the back, and it's looking sweet.  Next are the running boards, ladder for the side or rear, and roof rack.

Caryattachicon.gifnvp 3500.jpg

Looks good, Cary. How about pics of the storage drawer?

FYI...I found a custom fabricator today in Florida...right by me so I don't have $400 in freight charges.  Call aluminum or steel fabricators in your area and work with a local guy.  I love the $2800 version of Aluminus, but can't afford that for a rack and ladder.  I will send pics when done.  Chris, the removable storage drawer in the back was bought at Lowe's.  I put down some wood so it's more sturdy and it's just 3 levels of space so it's not that high, but holds all of my screws, drill bits, etc...I put a bungee on it so it does not open.  it's made of plastic, but works well.  It can be easily moved for trips to the Keys, etc...or just fill it with fishing stuff...I also just got my Nerf Bars...got the driver side on and putting the passenger one on tomorrow...so far, easy and looks awesome!  much easier getting in and out ....I was starting to think my leather will rub off from sliding out every day! 

I saw that one in person...looks like a commercial rack.  Nice and very useable, but not "cool" enough.  I want mine to look like I'm ready to go camping, but still be able to put ladders on it for my construction company.  thanks for the info though! 

I posted this in another thread, you've probably seen it, if not here you go  ;) .  The gentleman who owns this van made it himself.  I think it's pretty slick.

20150413_091607_HDR_zpsxbp7lo82.jpg

20150413_091618_HDR_zps3dacbr0r.jpg

20150413_091554_HDR_zpsatygldi5.jpg

Edited by Chris_CommercialManager

I bought the galvanized rack from us up fitters. They are powder coating it black for $120, I added the prime design ladder and a couple of ratchets to get to $1000 and they gave me 10% off and $69 shipping. Check em out. 

drew, do you have a link to the rack and ladder combo you got?  I'm looking at adding a roof rack now and still having some trouble finding many options.