Sign in to follow this  
Miles-Kevin Baron

Just leased a 2014 NV2500 High Roof for my Catering Buisness

Hello Everyone,

Picked up our 2014 NV2500 Friday and took it on it's first job Saturday.  So far, I'm loving the potential.  It came with shelves, some of which may go, and just enough upgrades in the creature comforts area, but not "overdone."  

I will need to get the backup camera that's discussed on here as I have drivers that will need it.  However, overall I found it very easy to drive.  The hardest thing to get used to is that from the drivers seat, it "looks" larger than it is.  I was going down a narrow road and while I kept "feeling" like I was wide, especially when I'd meet an oncoming vehicle, it could clearly see in the lower mirrors I was well within my lane.  Same for backing up, and feeling I'm too close just to find out I still have a couple of yards to go.   Same when parking nose in, thinking "i'm there" and it turns out...  I actually have a couple more feet.   

Something else of note is the turning radius which is quite impressive.  Had to pull a couple of U-Turns that when I started was thinking would be K turns, but it fit...  

We ended up with the NV2500 because we had a 16' cube van with a lift that I don't think we ever loaded fully, which is just plain dangerous.   We also had an AstroVan that (aside from being on its last legs) was only really big enough for small deliveries and small events.  The NV2500 with it's high-roof, means we can most always "fill" the space by either putting the Cambros (hot boxes) on the floor, or stacking them depending on what else we have to bring.   For the most part, I don't have to "strap" stuff in.  I'm great at packing and nothing like having a big square space to load and lock everything in on it's own.

Oh yeah, forgot the most important aspect for me.  I'm 6'4", and I can stand up in the Cargo Area !!!!!    I couldn't do that in the 16' box truck !!!!    That also means standing up 6' tables.  

The only addition so far is the Fire Extinguisher and a piece of particle board on the floor and edge guards on the doors.

Edited by Miles-Kevin Baron

A catering van! Awesome! Looks like we found grub for our first NV rally;)

Welcome. Just let us know what part of the country you are in and the first rally has a destination.

I'll go fill out my profile, sorry..  Just been busy.  

We are in the great Pacific Northwest. About an hour north of Seattle.  

I added those 3" dia round stick-on mirrors to the inside of the lower mirrors and what a difference.  Can really see everything now.  We get into a lot of places where probably anything bigger than a bicycle shouldn't go.   My other half had to take it to a venue in the woods Thursday evening... and she didn't even want to look at the top of the Van.  Mind you I have a 350z and was getting brushed by branches in that place.   Anyway, to our surprise Nissan must have one helluvha coat of paint on the top as I couldn't find a single scratch.

However, just based on that experience, I am going to wrap the top portion.   We're only getting banners for the sides to fit in the "indent" on the sides, but from there up, I'm gonna put a 3M wrap around the top, front and roof.  

Ok, so I'm trying to edit my location and such in the profile and eventhough I'm saving... I'm not saving :(

That's interesting.  You're going to wrap the top for protection from scratches?  I'm curious, where are your catering events that you are considering that?  Take some pics  :)

Also, didn't re-read your first post but I'm assuming you have a white van?  A question that you may want to ask is on a vertical surface should you wrap with clear or white.  On vertical surfaces 3M cuts the warranty on their product down dramatically because it takes so much more abuse from the elements.  (Down to 2 years most likely on the film you would use). If it doesn't yellow, and I'm pretty sure it won't, a clear bra type film with no color to it may stay looking nice for a much longer period of time.  Just a thought......

Also one other piece of advice....The warranty on the wrap can be affected by the quality of the printer the shop has too.  My understanding is that there are only certain one's that are 3m compliant and the shop must have one to get that warranty on the vertical surface.

Hi,

Just checking in.  It's been a couple of months and not quite 3000 miles, all happy.   Still learning the best way to pack.  Was really cool to find that milk crates fit on the shelves.  We've had some vandalism which sucks, but I'm sure it will get more dings along the way.  FWIW the Nissan touch-up paint for white, isn't an exact match... close, but not a match.    We also figured out that it really does fit into our garage....  just barely with only about 2" clearance, but 2" is 2".

Haven't picked up the backup camera yet, but will likely next month.  Finally got the logo on the sides today and will post a pic.  The above referenced "wrap" was just in reference to the roof to protect from tree scratches.  

I'll try to post a pic now that it's not naked anymore.

12006375_10153264190788772_3137919712840

I bought my NV2500 from a catering company. I still find bits of broken porcelain and glass in the nooks and crannies. They needed to upgrade to a cube truck with a hydraulic lift for the rolling shelves/carts.