ASD Dad

Your Username

So this type of thread is usually popular on other forums so I thought I would start one here (searched and didnt see one).  This along with employment and all sorts of other goofy topics can get fun depending on participation.  

So what does your username mean?  Some are pretty obvious - Chris!  Rick!  BuyinganNVP...  Others not so much.

Mine:

ASD Dad - I am a dad of 3 boys, 2 of which are on the Autism Spectrum.  It so happens that I am also on the Autism Spectrum (found out after my boys were diagnosed but my wife and mother were not shocked!).  So you have Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Dad.

Anybody else want to chime in?

BTW, my old name on forums used to be CHD Dad - my oldest boy who is Not on the Spectrum happens to have a Congenital Heart Defect.  Who knew kids could be such fun in the health department??  I changed my name after the 3 of us were diagnosed.

RAD has nothing to do with "being rad." Just my initials.

For some reason people have problems spelling Tucson; it often is misspelled "Tuscon." So, 2son it is.

rad

I lack any sort of originality when it comes to usernames. Hence....

-Andy George

I always read it as "Raiding Tucson". Not sure why...!

We changed "staff" to NV Guide :)  Staff just sounded impersonal and boring.

If anyone ever wants to change their login name, drop us a note here.

Mine is a moniker given to me by some fellow soldiers in my unit back in the army.  It came about on a deployment (Hurricane Andrew cleanup, to be exact ) where I was "treating the sick" construction equipment and trucks of our unit. I ran a contact truck and a "batmobile" ( tractor trailer sized mobile shop). This was before the web was readily available, but it was the first "handle" that popped into my mind when I needed screen-name for the first time and it has stuck for the last 20-some years, partially due to the fact that I am also often referred to as "Doc" by those around me since I'm still "curing" those same ailments.

Mine comes my dearly missed cj7 rock crawler (you know the type , 5.0 HO ,nv4500 gearbox ,ox lockers in dana 44's etc. etc.) It was the plate on it , axulsuv = actual sport utility vehicle ... And I've just used it for 20 odd years now ...

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

Laharview.

My place is on a ridge overlooking the Puyallup Valley.  At the head of the valley is Mt. Rainier, a not quite dormant volcano.

So a Lahar is a type of mudflow or debris flow composed of a slurry of pyroclastic material, rocky debris, and water. The material flows down from a volcano, typically along a river valley.

View means I will be able to sit on me deck with a beverage and watch the disaster.

We have a very high tech warning system in place, tested monthly, so hopefully the valley can be evacuated in advance of an event.

Also have a small Poultry operation, hence "Laharview Farm Camper Build".

I guess I'll join in here my name is Wallace coulter hence the Wallyc . I just could not think of anything cool sounding. I live on the coast of Virginia near Virginia Beach and I own a plumbing company . Which prompted me to by my new van. This is a great group ! :-)