KMG

Waining interest in NV forum?

Seaweedsteve -

Would you provide us with a link to the promaster forum you are citing.

I gather info from a variety of sources and would like to add them to my list.

When I first started researching van conversions, I spent hours reading thru the sprinter forums. Those guys really like to talk.

Thanks for the link!

Promaster sales are slightly higher than NVs, yet they are as invisible as NVs if not more so in Az. If not on a flatbed (3 at a time), we have seen business cargo vans and full on class B conversions. SMB has converted a few, but we have never seen one.

I looked at the Promaster forum; the mobile version is very slow... Basically same crowd, different chassis. The van comparison might be interesting to read. Like this forum, too many topics.

SMB changed their forum, making it more cumbersome in the process, at least their mobile version. Good info there none the less, although I rarely look at it.

Edited by radin2son

I've just been real busy lately , spend all my free time sleeping !!!!

Glenn  :)

Newbie here without even an NV yet but appreciate the forum and did read a lot of advice. Thanks for that.

One suggestion I took from other forums I go to:

Make stickers so when people ask abou5 or see your NV you can send them here.

Also I used to go on adv rider for motorcycle related discussion and it would be interesting to do some cross posts there as the NV is a perfect motorcycle gear head vehicle (I say that as I saw multiple pics while researching the NV with motorcycles inside the van).

It seems to me that we have a sudden rash of new posters (and a few old friends that have returned after too long a silence). Good to hear from each one of you. It is apparent that many of you have been reading thru past posts gathering information. Thanks for your participation!

Maybe people are afraid of bumping old threads, HA!

It may be slow moving but over time I expect the NV passenger popularity will grow. The people I know with Chevy/Ford passenger vans tend to keep them for a long time. Once they are to be replaced the NV is a very strong contender. Also some who have had large SUV's but outgrow their 7-8 person capacity will move to the Nissan. Add the availability of 4x4 from Quigley or Advanced its a very attractive option at far less money, even with the 4x4. Our last Suburban was a fairly well loaded LT. Leather, dvd, etc. sticker was 55k seven years ago. I'm sure a similar one would be 10 grand more by now. Our 2014 Express 3500 by the time we sent to Quigley and the to Explorer Van it was around 65k. The Nissan is by far better priced and more creature comforts than the other big vans out there even with the conversions on the others. 

Personally I wish we would have skipped the Express and gotten the NV back in 2014. Everyone that asks me will hear that too. 

The NV is hard to beat on price. They need a few more options to really compete with some of the other vehicles out there. A sliding door is a big one. I see more now than I did 6 months ago, I think the popularity will continue to grow, especially with the warranty.

I agree, the NV would need a few more options to be even with something like a loaded suburban. More positions on the power seat, power passenger seat, built in garage door opener, rear entertainment, better headlights to name a few. For sure factory 4X4 would be cheaper than Quigley but at this point I'll gladly pay. Overall it is very good though. I feel we lost some convenience moving from the suburban to the express and got some back switching to the NV. I do think what we got a 12 passenger vehicle with leather, nav, and 4X4 right at 50 can't be beat in today's market.

One thing that would help is changing the forum master settings to send new topics/threads by email to all users by default. This might mean existing users would have to change this setting to be "on" but newly registered users would have this set automatically.

I don't mind receiving new threads by email, I just delete them if I'm not interested.

Also, like previously mentioned, commercial users not likely interested in a forum, and many people who buy NVPs who have large families are of the more busy / conservative type who are less likely to be following a forum.

My two cents...

If I can add my Thoughts

1. Nv are new, this cuts down on people buying old versions of the van and need lots of help to do their own work.

2. Nv are reliable, no problems no complaints

3. People are afraid to comment. Most Internet forums are plagued with trolls. This makes a forum uninviting. It's like avoiding a playground cause all the bullies are hanging out there.

4. People with nv passengers have so many kids to look after, they simply don't have time to post.

I sure there are other reasons too but I'm guessing time will fix this problem.

Nvdad81

Im on here often , I just don't post much! Its a great site and I hope to add more to it to keep it going !

Is it just me or has the site been really "dead" for the past couple weeks?  I check in daily and it seems like nothing new has been posted in a long time.

Still a little peeved when you help somebody and then there is dead silence afterwards.  Really discourages others helping out!!  

Guess we are all just happy with our NV's!  I am getting mine ready for our annual Spring Break beach camping trip in a couple weeks.  Towing our camper down to FL to check out Talbots Island.  

Agree, agree...

Enjoy your trip and post some photos.

Awesome trip you have planned. I'll be leaving this Wednesday with our two youngest kids to meet my folks (who are heading north from a vacation in Florida ) in Louisville for the Mid America Truck Show.

Lots of NVs taking passengers to all kinds of cool places!

Im on here often , I just don't post much! Its a great site and I hope to add more to it to keep it going

Edited by SilverNV

I just purchased my NV2500 two weeks ago, so I'm just getting started. I think part of the non participation is a lot less people now days don't do their own work. People are surprised when I tell them I do all my own work on my vehicles, I can't see paying someone else $150hr for something I can do. Also, many of the mods I do on my vehicles are things you can't buy, custom fabrication, electrical, etc., I'll post them as they happen.

I hope not, I just got here!

Every so often I google NV campervan images to see what is out there. Many images have nothing to do with NVs, but the best was laharview's profile photo. Only one photo, and one time only, did a photo of our van come up.

The point I'm trying to make is photos make posts more interesting.

post-376-0-31662300-1492558729_thumb.jpg

Edited by radin2son

That pop up is awesome!  Would love to see interior photos.

I've taken very few pictures of the interior but there is YouTube video, not mine. Google Nissan NV Sportsmobile orientation video, or you can find it, Nissan NV Sportsmobile. The plan in 2012 was for dealers to sell these. Ken Garff Nissan, SLC, also did a video. It will come up via the second search.

The project failed; only 30 were built and sold.

The poptop is cost prohibitive ($5-7k) for diy camper conversions. This is why hightop vans are used. Our van seats 5, sleeps 4 while the hightop seats 5, sleeps 2. Your boys would love this, but 5 adults not so much...