nihil_perditi

Reinforced Cargo Mounting Points

I have a feeling the answer is right under my nose but for some reason I have not been able to find a document outlining information regarding the reinforced cargo mounting points for the van.  I am especially interested in knowing what size bolt will fit in the threaded mounting points (assuming it will be a metric one versus standard) as well as what is the safest load/ shear force (in lbs) these mounting points can handle.  Any information regarding where Nissan has documented this or any knowledge you have obtained through your own experience is greatly appreciated!  Thanks. 

I'm pretty sure they are 6mm x  1.5 or 1.25 don't remember which .I beleive there is a upfitters guide somewhere with the loading info your after.  Chris C.M. might chime in with some better info ...

Glenn

Glenn,

Thanks for this information.  I also reached out to the dealer I purchased my van from to see what information (if any) they might be able to share.  I will pass on anything they share. 

could you post the link again? the link you provided is broken/incomplete. Thanks a bunch!

Yes, now it works! Thanks a bunch!

I think there is a mistake in the manual. It says wall points are M8 x 1.25 while roof points are M6 x 1.0.

The M8 x 1.25 I got fit perfectly into the roof so M6 would be too small.

Question: Is there a need to use some kind of thread locking to prevent the bolts from loosening over time?

Yes - use it. Worth the trouble. Too many vibrations even on good roads.

Been too long since I dealt with the bolts. Seems like I remember the cargo lights had a different sized bolt.