nihil_perditi

Swivel seat adaptors

Haven't done that - can't get past wondering if the seat will feel like it is sitting on the floor (like a chair with no legs) when it is facing the rear. Know what I mean? Will it be comfortable? Will you be trying to look over your kneecaps?

I follow - I would like to see a photo of the finished product to get a sense of how comfortable it might be. 

Do you have to remove the center console to use a seat swivel?  Thanks

I could be wrong but I think the adapter fits between the seat and floor mounting frame. If anything I think the seat may sit as

much higher as the adapter is thick. 

Is anyone able to talk to a human at SwivelsRus?  I get no response to phone or email.    John

Our VW camper had swivel driver and passenger seats. The swivel apparatus was attached to the original rails with the seat attached on the swivel rails. Worthless! Particularly the driver's seat... Also very hard to swivel. We stopped using them in short order.

The bin is too important to give up. It also is sturdy enough to sit on.

You can just fold the  passenger seat forward and sit on the back of the seat back.  Of course  it's not comfortable for long periods, but you could put a cushion on it and devise a seat back for it pretty easily.

Same response. Swivel seats are not worth the expense. My VW example should have included why they were difficult to swivel. You cannot get leverage; the door pilar is in the way when outside the van and you are stooped over if inside the van... On a positive note, the swivel mechanism will raise the seat up to be more like the driver's seat.

Swivel seats, however, are are a regular option on Sprinter conversions.

Edited by radin2son

Looking to order a swivel seat for our NV. We have a console and also can't live without it. We are working on sliders to slide the console back and then swivel the seat and then slide the console back into place. Really would like to put it on the driver's seat as well. I have already removed the console and it seems like a pretty straight forward plan.

Great idea! Please let us know how it works out.

OMG thats amazing!   adds another seat to the read cabin.   My old ford econoline had this as an option but this really opens up options for my NV camper!

$600 is hard to swallow.  I really want to make this happen though since it would greatly increase the room when in camping mode... I could have my bed down and still  have a place to sit and put on shoes, read etc... Might have to check out northern tools one...  BUT crash safety is important.

It is interesting that the NV's swivel is double what the other ones cost.... ?

BTW swivels r us is sold out. Told me to check back late fall.

BTW swivels r us is sold out. Told me to check back late fall.

It let me add one to my cart.  BTW it looked like swivelsrus redirected to some other website.

When I do mine I will definitely be using the Nothern Tools one.  I bet there is very little difference.

I am wondering if there company is having some trouble... 

I tried calling and the answering machine said they were not taking calls today.

So I emailed them as instructed by the message,  He didn't answer any of my questions about the product just said they were sold out.   Also got a bad email address message in the same email thread(?).  

The website says "we maintain a continuous stock of these"   And yet they are sold out for the rest of the quarter?

EDIT:   I placed the order anyway.   I got a call a few min later from a gentleman making sure I understood that I will not be able to use the center console.  He also had numerous tips on working around the loss of the center console.  He assured me that the German made swivels are a top notch product and i will be happy unless I liked using the console.   I'll let you guys know when it gets here 

Edited by Elfmaze

The northern tool one has three problems.   First its not DOT approved,  so don't get in a crash

second there is no central wire pass thru so you may have to unhook your airbag wires every time you swivel.

Lastly its too small.   its only 11.94 inches across   our seats are fairly wide at the rails.   welder is needed to modify it  or at least two adapter plates need made to make it wider and bolt in

For those who are wondering. I took my paasenger seat of its rails today to get ready for the parts arrival...

The seat can not be simply turned around. Hole spacing it's different front and back

I have a 12MY NV2500 hightop. I just put in swivels on the front seats. I used the NortherTool ones that were around $80.00 each. I welded them to some angle iron frames and attached them between the seat base and the seat. I do have to crack the front doors about 2" to get the clearance to rotate the seat, but it is totally worth it. 

How did you solve the wiring issue? I spoke to David Anderson today (rarely on this forum but a lot of people know his "Magic" video showcasing a converted NV2500) and he said he had to permanently disconnect the wires coming up from the floor under the seat as they are too short to accommodate a swiveling chair. He said as a result the "seat belt warning light" remains on, which in itself wouldn't bother me too much. However, from the schematics I looked at and following the path of cable strand under the passenger seat, the wires also connect to the passenger side airbag. See the attached photo.

So, any input you'd have on this would be most welcome!! A) Are the wires long enough to accommodate swiveling and B) If not, how did you solve that problem?

We took the console out today to make room for our golden retriever Mango who is getting too big to be a lap dog. So we figured we might as well get the SwivelRus adapter and be able to turn the passenger seat around.

Thanks for any feedback on the wire issue!!

post-1085-0-91818700-1498709945_thumb.jpg

post-1085-0-79840200-1498709954_thumb.png

The northern tool one has three problems.   First its not DOT approved,  so don't get in a crash

second there is no central wire pass thru so you may have to unhook your airbag wires every time you swivel.

Lastly its too small.   its only 11.94 inches across   our seats are fairly wide at the rails.   welder is needed to modify it  or at least two adapter plates need made to make it wider and bolt in

So, with the central wire pass thru the cables for seat beld detector and airbag are long enough to accommodate the swivel of the seat? Thanks!!

What  if you used these but don't care about the swivel?

I would like to sit a few inches higher in the drivers seat....for better visibility..

I'm 5'8" but feel like I'm barely looking over the dash