gofobroke

Bigger wheels and tires

Anyone put some bigger wheels and tires on the NV 3500 P to give it a more "SUV" ish look?

I just got mine and absolutely love it. I think a bigger wheel with some meatier tires would look even better.

There are quite a few on here and I believe some other threads on the subject.  

What you need to watch for is backspacing.  I spoke to a couple who have done it and the sliding door can hit the tire!  There isnt much clearance between the door and tire as it sits stock.  I plan on upgrading to get more traction when camping but I need the door to open all the way to the lock position with my kids getting in and out.

EDIT - http://nissannvforum.com/forum/16-wheels-tires/

There is a whole forum section...  Lots of info there.

Edited by ASD Dad

good info, had no idea about the sliding door!! thanks.

I have a 3500 Quigley 4x4 with 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratrac.  They have a section width of 10.7" and a tread width of  8.7".

The stock 245/75/17 Firestone Transforce have a section width of 9.8" and a tread width of  7.7".

I increased my tire width for traction (and looks) with little increase to the tire circumference maintaining a correct odometer reading.

This may sound odd but I think my odometer is more accurate with the larger size.  May have to do with the 2 different size tires the 2500 and 3500 come stock with.  Just a guess. 

FYI, my sliding door clears.

Edited by KMG

I have 285/60/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers that are e rated. They look and perform awesome!

wow, that's a lot bigger tire/wheel combo!

would love to see a pic of that setup!

I actually saw some pics of another owners NV2500 on this site... And got the exact same setup! They ride and tow great!

post-1311-0-79689000-1462683585_thumb.jpeg

oh that does look good!

And towing...

post-1311-0-77688200-1463174785_thumb.jpeg

Edited by aabel

Just lifted mine. 3" lift with 305/50/20 Toyo Open Country AT2S wrapped around 20" XD Hosses

post-1705-0-85434500-1478612667_thumb.jpg

post-1705-0-26108900-1478612725_thumb.jpg

Edited by Warr09

I had to shim my door with my 285's... how did you shim yours? Add stud extenders to the door?

I had to shim my door with my 285's... how did you shim yours? Add stud extenders to the door?

I actually just added 3 stainless steel washers at the lower hinge point on the rail.

Yours looks good. I looked at the aluminess accessories but decided to go different routes. I will say, mine turns heads everywhere now compared to 4 door Jeep Rubicon that I just got rid of. I installed a 13" tv on Friday and now am hoping to get a remote start system installed. Just want to find one that works with the 2016 NVP

Awesome. Post pics if you get a chance. I love driving something that gets people's attention, even in basically stock form. Trying to stand out in a sea of modded Jeeps or a lifted F-150 is nearly impossible.... They are just all a dime-a-dozen. The NV is unique!

aabel,

I don't see the NV nerf bars on the Aluminess website. How much are they asking for them?

aabel,

I don't see the NV nerf bars on the Aluminess website. How much are they asking for them?

I think he modified Ford E350 bars if I remember right.  They were close enough in dimensions to make it work.

Yes, I bought Ford E350 ones and welded some tubing/angle iron to mount them. I still need to have them powder coated black to match the tinting and emblems etc.

Hmmm...I thought I was set to pull the trigger on the Luverne Mega running boards despite them being a bit blingy for my taste, but now seeing the black O-Megas it has me reconsidering them.

Edited by coastalb55

Ya, they do look good! You could even rhino line them if you wanted to a flat color or add texture to them

I was in the air about my running boards but now that they are installed with my lift I think they look good. I was going to buy some custom ones from Advanced 4x4 but the shipping alone was more than what I paid for the ones that ai bought from Eurocampers.com.

I priced those from Advanced also, and they were ridiculous, about $900 for the nerf bars and another $300 for shipping. They're nice, but I'm happy with my Aluminess ones... once I get them powder coated.

how did you shim your door? it rubs on my tires so I need to find a way so bump the door out

I actually just added 3 stainless steel washers at the lower hinge point on the rail.

do you happen to have a picture of that install? my wheel / tire combo is about the same and it rubs. looking for

best way to get door to slide past them better....