centralline

Sonar/Proximity Sensors Nissan SL to SV modification secondary to Aftermarket bumper

I have an 2014 NV 3500 SL that was 4x4 converted by Advanced 4x4 in Salt Late City. As part of the conversion, I had a Aluminess winch bumper installed.  There was no way to make the proximity (sonar) sensors work with the new bumper, so the sensors were disconnected. In doing so, the rear sonar no longer worked either, as the SL trim package is designed for front and real sonar.   After much research, I was able to replace the sonar module with a SV version that once installed allowed me to use the rear sonar (SV model only comes with rear sonar).  The part number is 285321pa0b and ran about $111.  This replaced the SL module (285321pa1a). The module is behind the glove box in the interior of the vehicle (which took some figuring out as well).  I assume a similar swap would work for all Nissan SL vans/trucks in which the owner replaces the front bumper and loses the front sonar (and subsequently the rear as well). I hope this helps out other owners. Of note, I did not have to change sonar on/off switch on the dashboard. post-1339-0-34682200-1454465141_thumb.jpgpost-1339-0-50816900-1454465143_thumb.jpgpost-1339-0-25163000-1454465145_thumb.jpg

thanks...I tried "everything" and no one could figure it out.  I even extended the wires on the front and it would not work. So, just to confirm.  You pulled off the front sensors and just replaced this module so just the rear sensors work (which is way more important) and hopefully does not have all of the false sensing alarms I was having before.

Indeed, the rear sensor works, with the front sensors disconnected at the front harness/plugin  (next to bumper) on the cable.  Works great.  Google part, I think I paid less than the $111 (more like $90 from memory).