BraapRider

Buying a V6 or V8 this week

Yes, but look what you get.

If Nissan Commercial would start marketing dealer conversion possibilities like this, BraapRider and others wouldn't question or delay their purchase. NVs are real trucks, and you can't beat the way we use them.

BraapRider will soon forget buyers' remorse and mpg when he transports his bikes and gear to the first race of the season. It is that group that will be impressed.

I did have an ounce of buyers remorse when I first bought it. It didn't handle like my car, turn on a dime like my car, and I knew if I accelerated like my car I would just be wasting gas.

However, the more I drive it the more I love it. I just ordered some 2015 passenger transit van 2nd row seats and am having them installed by a commercial van upfitter in PA. I'll have to get over the gas mileage which is god awful... I'm stuck with it now either way! lol

the gas mileage is awful, but I really enjoy driving this vehicle. I guess you've got to pay to play!

I have a 2015 nv 2500 v8,high roof. Before I bought it I drove a v6 and a v8 for about 50 miles each. The v6 is not powerful enough in my opinion. Constantly downshifting to keep the speed and loud.V8 is the way to go, although it is not fuel efficient. My driving ,about 500 pounds of equipment ,ladder rack, I get about 13mpg.That is driving on the highway and local roads. Personally I think if you looking for a fuel economy, look in different direction. Neither v6 or v8 will be good on gas.But you should save money on reliability over time.

These vans drive very nicely, I love the handling, steering, and braking compared to our old Savana. And like I've said here many times before, just drive the van and don't worry about mpg's.... Hopefully gas stays cheap for a while, and especially if that's the case, one major repair on a competing van and it wipes out all the mpg gains over the life of the vehicle. Nothing else out there comes close to the rock-solid reliability of the NV's.

Stomp the throttle and enjoy the simplicity!

BR ;

Use the manual trans feature and downshift your van, use some compression braking to aid in deceleration while it's new . Helps greatly with engine break -in (seating the new high tech low tension rings...) Same thing you do to a fresh 2 stroke .

And my riding buds think my van is the greatest thing since sliced bread ...

Glenn B)

And like Rad said  , IT's a REAL TRUCK :)

Edited by axulsuv

Thanks for the tips.

Just gotta get these bad boys installed now. 2015 new Ford transit 2nd row bench seats, with the rails, shipped for $500.

post-1349-0-20449300-1455990085_thumb.jpg

aaannnnnnd it looks like I have a very slow power steering leak... Finding drops of fluid where I park my van. Underneath I see a tiny bead of what appears to be red fluid just hanging on to that power steering gearbox. (I'm assuming it's some sort of gearbox or actuator? Idk, I used to work on jets, not cars) Maybe I can snap a picture tomorrow.

Thats no fun! Get it into a dealer, it's brand new...  If you dont have a close one then take some pics and make sure the simple stuff is OK like caps are on tight, no gaskets look pinched, etc.