TX MARSHMALLOW

WTB: Front end parts needed - Is there a classified section?

Just picked up a 2012 high roof 3500 that's hit in the front. I'm looking to buy front end parts. I thought I would ask here since some people have switched to aluminess bumpers and or have some stuff they are looking to sell. If there is a classified section I must have missed it. As of now I'm looking for the following items: (I will add and remove parts as needed from this list)

Hood

Fender - Driver

Fender - Passenger

Front bumper - complete - all brackets and hardware too

Driver airbag

Passenger airbag

Also looking for :

Rubber floor mats

Receiver hitch

Rear up fit items shelving,liners etc. Let me know what you have.

I am located near Knoxville TN and can meet/pick up items or pay for shipping. Greyhound is real cheap for larger items.

Looking forward to getting it up and going. I had a 2014 that I drove for work and loved it.

Edited by TX MARSHMALLOW

Try net a lot of crashed NV's out there. Ebay has a lot take offs.

I have looked around and the best I have found on a front clip is $1500. I thought for sure someone would have left over parts from an aluminess bumper etc. Is there a classified section where people can post wanted/for sale ads? Also I just noticed the van has manual windows and standard radio/cd player. Is the factory GPS/Nav satellite radio plug & play? Anyone here installed power windows on a manual model?

Edited by TX MARSHMALLOW

Can't help you with a source for parts but the factory navigation unit is crap.  Pick an aftermarket unit.    You mentioned Aluminess, have you called and asked if they have any factory parts owners left behind?

Good luck

I have found a bunch of parts and ordered some others online. So I modified my list of needed items above. The seller lied and the frame is damaged. I will probably just get some frame extensions and cut the old ones off and weld the new ones in place. The photos of this thing were so terrible that I didn't even know if it had the console, which it did so I have one available if anyone needs it. I did get a 100% aluminum radiator as a replacement that is very cool and makes the oem look wimpy. I will be eliminating the factory clutch fan and shroud since they are shot and will fab up an aluminum shroud with dual electric Spal fans. Stay tuned...

Can't help you with a source for parts but the factory navigation unit is crap.  Pick an aftermarket unit.    You mentioned Aluminess, have you called and asked if they have any factory parts owners left behind?

Good luck

I emailed them and they didn't say they had any also asked if they had any blemished units or prototypes for sale also no. As far as the factory nav unit goes I don't care about the navigation I just want the satellite radio with the large display. I use my google/phone for the other stuff anyhow. I don't care for any aftermarket radios they alway have and will look out of place to me. Want to sell your yours?

You don't want my Nav unit.  The display screen cracked last winter when the temperature drop to zero.  Of course, it's not covered under the warranty.  I'm looking for a replacement unit that is compatible with the steering wheel controls. 

You don't want my Nav unit.  The display screen cracked last winter when the temperature drop to zero.  Of course, it's not covered under the warranty.  I'm looking for a replacement unit that is compatible with the steering wheel controls.

They really won't cover that under warranty? I'm guessing you bought it new from the same dealer you asked to perform the repair? Sounds like bs to me. I'd try again since there is no reason it shouldn't be covered.

I'm really interested in how your project is going I just got an NV this week and will be starting to repair, replace front end parts.