We finally did it and bought our first Nissan NV 3500. We found the one we really wanted and it is black. has a 3' lift but the weight of the vehicle makes it closer to 2". 20" rims with nitto grappler tires, aluminess roof rack and ladder up the back. nice running boards.

I am wanting to put a light bar on the top of the roof rack. maybe a bull guard on the front.  we are so new to this vehicle I don't know what all to post.  I will get some pictures up on the site soon.

Sounds like the one on Garffs site but they had a LED bar mounted already.  Where did you get it?  I assume Advanced did the 4x4 conversion.  Post up some photos!  

Should be easy to mount any LED bar you want on the Aluminess rack.  Wonder why they used the older rear mount vs. the new side mount ladder.  I love the looks of the side mount and it seems sturdier.  Those racks are top quality but you pay for it!  

I saw online the one from Ken Garf and that is when I said I will buy one as long as it looks like that one. We rolled up on Tim Dahle Nissan Saturday and as we drove onto the lot there it was. Advanced 4x4 did all the work, lift etc. I still have some chrome (grill, bumpers) that the Ken Garf truck did not. Picks coming soon.

What other modifications can be done to these vehicles?

How do I add pictures to this forum??

post-1380-0-33275900-1456884903_thumb.jpeg

post-1380-0-78807800-1456884933_thumb.jpeg

post-1380-0-55458900-1456884954_thumb.jpeg

Edited by doogs55

Welcome. Are you using a Mac or PC?

I have not been able to download photos with my iPhone or iPad. If you have a MacBook, export the photo to desktop, jpeg medium and pull up editing options on your post. "Edit" just lets you edit words. You then can chose the "desktop" file and attach it to your post. It will preview the photo you selected. You can also delete if it comes up wonky and try again. There may be other ways...

PC users may have a more direct .

Where is Murray UT? We are in Utah often and knowing where to find a NV dealer can help. Let us know what you think of the dealer service if you use them.

Edited by radin2son

Easy mods for performance? Free airbox mod or Airaid intake and BullyDog GT tuner. I have reviews and install threads for all three.

Visual mods - LED interior lights, DRL delete, off-road bumpers, new grills, etc.

Crazy mods - Stillen supercharger and header back exhaust. Both require work to use and one guy who has the SC popped his transmission due to bad programming.

My best mods in order - BullyDog, airbox, HIDs, tint and DRL delete. The BDGT totally transforms the vans power delivery, airbox was free and flows almost as much as the Airaid, I hate the headlights on our vans so any improvement is a must for me, tint since I live in SC and I don't like DRLs that use the headlight at low power....

Dang, that's awesome looking. Adds some serious attitude to a big square box that can look quite generic without some flair thrown at it. Nice!

Was it new or used?

Those photos look great!  Congrats on a very nice NVP

Both the SV (black bumper and grill) and your SL look great. Let us know what you think of your conversion and how it works based on your use.

Looked at Advanced 4x4 web site. Claim to have converted 100s of NVs. Where are they? 1or 2 have posted on this forum.

Interesting that they will convert "used" NVs. Something to think about...especially since we have switched out interest from long road trips to exploring places closer to home.

2 commercial NV dealers in Salt Lake, which is good for you if you live in the area. Still a long drive from southern UT or the 4 corners area when exploring that area. Choices for service are Albuquerque, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake. We have never had any difficulty getting service around the country. But, when in the middle of no where, you appreciate even more how dependable our NVs are.

Edited by radin2son

Chris, thank you, the family loves the truck, the 4x4 was put in here in Utah by advanced4x4vans.com. Look them up they do a lot of different conversion vehicles. My NV has 4H, 4L, and 2H modes they put a different transfer case under it and I believe drive lines etc. their web page explains the parts used. They put the 20" wheels and nitro grappler tires, roof rack, ladder, and custom made running boards on it. I can try and get some pictures of the undercarriage but don't know how well they will let you see what's going on.

Ok all who are following my links, I just post an album of pictures of my NV. Take a look and feel free to comment.

Nice gallery. Interesting comment that "Tank" is a truck, not a van. When we got our NV in 2012, the SMB forum group, mostly 4x4 E-Series owners, deemed our NV SMB as "not a van." I was mildly ticked off by this at the time. No longer, with introduction of unibody vans.

Great to see another NV owner in Utah. We are up in Bountiful, and are having ours converted next month. 

It's been incredibly reliable compared to the Ford we had before. If you see us out, say hello! 

Xv7ps1zm.jpg

Dented -

If I may ask, what is the dark rectangle on your roof? I'm guessing vent fan but the shape is throwing me off.

Dented -

If I may ask, what is the dark rectangle on your roof? I'm guessing vent fan but the shape is throwing me off.

Dented....Are you talking on the inside of the vehicle? I have two DVD players adds for the kids (sanity) of the parents.

My question was directed at Dented who posted a pic of his rig along with his comments.

I was curious about what is on the forward portion of the exterior roof (rectangular in shape, or so it appears).

Dented, is that your NV in the photo or one you saw?

If not yours, it probably is a SMB from the Salt Lake area. There was a post long ago from someone there who picked one up from a SoCal dealership. If I had to guess, I'd say that was a solar panel on top.

It's mine, and it's a sunroof. It was pretty simple to install. It was the biggest one available, I bought it on Amazon, believe it or not. 

We regularly road trip, and headed to Moab this weekend, then Zion, then Moab, then Zion again. April is a busy month. Ha ha! 

If you want to check out the sunroof, drop me a line. I am headed to Solitude today, some storm riding. :)

The van is being converted in two weeks to 4x4, so we can extend our reach a little bit. And we've been sneaking up the canyons this winter, so now we will be legit. 

We'd like to put solar up top, but haven't gotten around to it yet. 

In any case, welcome to the forum, it is a bit quiet, but there isn't a lot of NV owners out there. 

Edited by dented

Welcome to the forum . . .  well I just joined the forum myself.

That's one bad a$$ ride. I wish I could get their roof rack, but it doesn't seem that they sell it as a bolt-on kit.