radin2son

Advanced 4x4 SLC

Dented, let us know how the conversion works out. Curious about how long the wait time was, how long they keep your NV, the estimated and actual cost.

Our travel plans/destinations have changed and we are more focused on the southwest, four corners area. 4x4 would either keep us out of trouble or get us in trouble.

Dented, let us know how the conversion works out. Curious about how long the wait time was, how long they keep your NV, the estimated and actual cost.

Our travel plans/destinations have changed and we are more focused on the southwest, four corners area. 4x4 would either keep us out of trouble or get us in trouble.

Yes, I am leaning towards advanced as well.

Hey everyone, so as far as I know I am the only one on the forum with the advanced 4X4 conversion. If there are any pics you would like let me know ill post them. The tow speed transfer case is a must, two hi, four hi, and two low is awesome, no hubs to lock, it's out of the way of my right leg. I have a few pics of the 4x4 shift column in my "tank nv" photos, but I can take some of the underside also.

I've been driving an Advanced NV3500 conversion since Mar'14

My pictures are under the gallery "tank"

Ok, about six months into the conversion, and it works well enough. 

I use it mainly in the desert, sand, and some nasty mountain (think old mine) roads too. 

If I remember correctly, the front transaxle is from a Dodge. The Tcase is from a Chevy. 

No increased road noise. No weird vibes. It just works. 

They had it less than a week. Was done in four days. Wait time was about two months, if I recall correctly. 

Cost was just under 12k. A tough pill to swallow, but overall we are still way under the cost of a comparable used van. 

Advanced 4x4 did an OK job. Not top of the line, but good enough. Skid plate isn't painted at all, just uncoated steel. Plain sheet metal screws holding the boot to the floor. Screwed right through floor mat. I expect it will rust pretty bad if you live out east. I will take mine apart next year, clean it up, coat it, and mount it all correctly. 

They don't listen to what you want. I specifically asked not to have the 1970's era giant green light on my dashboard. They put it in anyway. 

They write on your door with permanent marker. I think it can be removed easily. Words are misspelled on the upfitter label applied to the door frame. It reads "turck" instead of truck. 

They forgot to install correct sized bushings on the rear shocks, and they make a lot of noise, rattling around. I picked up the correct ones from them a few months later, and they appear to have cut them with a sawzall. Crooked cut, burred edges, no care at all. 

Remember that you are one customer, with one truck. They deal with fleets, who order dozens at a time. 

Edited by dented

Ya, I got the same impression when buying parts from them. Fleet guys are their bread & butter.