Sign in to follow this  
Chris_CommercialManager

I think you guys are going to see ALOT more NV's on the road.

Have literally had no time to be on here.  Just thought I'd throw up a quick blurb you guys might enjoy.

So production is up for sure on the NVP.  Which is a good thing, I'm getting I'd say close to double what I could get last year, and selling through them.  As are my counterparts.

Not just at my dealership specifically but with ALOT of my counterparts on the East Coast we have all been having banner months with the whole lineup, with several of us having the single best month ever in a few years last month.  We seem to be coming increasing sales in all segments, large business's, small business's and private parties.  One big contributor seems to be Amazon, who as you may or may not know is building their own delivery service.  They seem to be snatching up quite a few Large NV's to say the very least.  Our NV200's are moving AWESOME at the moment.

All good things!  I think you guys will be seeing more NV's on the road and more traffic here.   

I have seen two new NVP's lately.  One silver like mine and one the brown color.  When I took mine in for service I was chatting with the commercial manager and he told me he had the best month ever for him or the dealership last month.  Local plumbing company ordered 25 NV commercials and another company ordered 5 high roofs.  That was on top of his regular commercial sales where he said things were quite brisk.  

We still love ours.  Couple things I would change here or there but overall it's been great for the family needs.

Here on the coast of va I see more and more nv cargos going down the road in my area . But I live in tidewater va the most heavily populated part of Virginia . Funny though I see very few nvps .the dealer where I live is shooting them out the door. I got real lucky the commercial dealers within 5 miles of my house

2017 will the 5 year point for NVs. Any changes in the works, or are they mainly focusing on the Infinity QV35?

I have heard nothing.  No rumors even (other than the drift model you see in the recent youtube vid, should be hitting showrooms shortly).  However we should have another internal gathering coming up in the next few months so of course you guys now I'll keep you updated.  

Only thing of interest is if some of you remember, someone on here spotted a NVP with a cummins being tested (I forget where, maybe ohio).  My Nissan rep didn't even know about it but did dig into it and said he could neither confirm nor deny  B) .

Edited by Chris_CommercialManager

Based on other posts, it looks like Nissan needs to again increase production. I have no idea when the google maps satellite image was taken of the Canton facility and the newly minted Nissans (Altima, Frontier, Titan and NV). I expected neat organized rows of each, not haphazard parking. You can easily pick out the many NVs.

The nearby Nissan Commercial dealership has only one cargo NV (1500) on the lot and 3 or 4 NVPs. No special treatment...

There may have been 3 diesel powered NVs. The one (test mule), Chris refers to was doing hotel/airport duty, the one at the Cummins facility and the one built by extreme 4x4.

NV 200 are made all over the world and the ones we see probably are from Mexico. In Asia or India they are known as Vanette. That name wouldn't apply very well to a NVP.

For whatever reason, my iPhone thinks I mean Cummings and I forget to check...

Edited by radin2son

Interesting article from AP. Canton plant to have vote on whether or not to unionize. Nissan management and Renault opposed. No surprise and previous votes failed at Chattanooga plant.

From a consumer standpoint, do we get a better vehicle either way?

I can certainly attest to the increased interest in the NV. I just bought mine a few weeks ago and there were 3 people waiting to test drive the same NV. It was pretty bizarre.

Met a camper from Mesa, AZ who not only recognized our NV as an NV but commented NVs are all over the "Valley," Phoenix area, thanks to Amazon's use of NVs.

Can Nisssn keep up with the demand?