ASD Dad

Anyones leather wearing rapidly?

See photo.  This is my driver's side, bottom cushion.  Van is around a year and a half old now with 28,000 miles.  I dont carry anything in my back pockets, not even my wallet.  This is just from getting in and out.  I've had plenty of cars with leather and none have done this even after many years of driving.  It actually looks worse in person!

My van goes in for service and my 3rd radio on Monday and I plan on asking them about it.  I am searching through my 5/100k warranty booklet as well to see if it may be covered.

fmuq89.jpg

Wow, let us know what the dealer says. Mine doesn't look anything like that.... No noticeable wear other than what I'd expect.

It started off as a small dot and has grown rapidly over the last few weeks.  The center strip down the middle of the bottom cushion where it is sewn together is also worn like this.  No gray left at all.

I dont see anything in the warranty book that says it will not be covered unless they claim "normal wear and tear".  I dont think this is normal for 18 months of use!  

Mine has had issues with "blueing" from jeans when getting in and out. I spray on the Meguires leather cleaner and conditioner that keeps the leather slick so everything slides better and doesn't grab/abrade

Update - they had my van all day to fix my dash from the botched radio replacement the last time.  They found out the clips were broken on one piece so need to order yet another part.  Sigh...  I did get a brand new radio (my 3rd).  

Seat was looked at and photos were taken.  They sent the photos off to the Regional Rep and are awaiting the next steps.  Service manager said most likely I will be getting another driver seat (also my 3rd!).  He hasnt seen that happen in other NV's and there are several NVP 3500 SL's being used as shuttles around town.  

I may get some seat covers for the new seat.  Save wear and tear and wont need to worry as much when camping or at the beach.  

Well after one month it is getting worse.  I called the dealer and they are just today ordering me a new bottom seat cushion.  Said this is the first time they had seen these even on shuttle vans.  The sad part is this is my second seat already!  First one had sewing issues along the seams.  New seat bottom should be in next week so I can get it swapped out before going on our FL trip.  I may still look into some covers for at least my seat.

1zwclc9.jpg