joe nv2500

oil capacity and types

Hello. I have a 2013 2500 nv v8. Just got the oil changed at the dealership for the first time. They billed me for 8 qts. ???Also I used the fully synthetic but they said I had to come back every 3750 miles even with the synthetic and new engine???

My wife has a Toyota FJ and oil change intervals are 10,000 miles with synthetic 0w-20. Holy crap!

If you change the oil filter it should take 7 Qts.

Everybody has their own opinion about oil change frequency. If you are using a full synthetic oil & a premium filter like purolator pure one or NAPA Gold, you can easily go 5 - 6000 between changes with no worries. Premium oil filters are worth the price difference.

I use Mobil 1 0w 20 and a K&N oil filter and change it at about 8k .... No worries

Glenn

Hello. I have a 2013 2500 nv v8. Just got the oil changed at the dealership for the first time. They billed me for 8 qts. ???Also I used the fully synthetic but they said I had to come back every 3750 miles even with the synthetic and new engine???

Just brought home a new NV2500 V8 myself.  If you read the Service and Maintenance Guide they list the 3,750 mile intervals for vehicles used heavily for towing or multiple trips per day of 5 miles or less like a delivery van, or in hot dusty conditions, etc...read as severe duty.  Otherwise change every 7,500 miles.  Your call based on use.

The book says 6 and 7/8 quarts. Why they billed you for eight is because they guessed. maybe they kept pouring until it overflowed a quart on the floor.

I did a 7 Quart purchase of QS 5W-30 full synthetic with a Fram tough guard filter. About $42 total.

I owned about 35 to 40 van and trucks, oil change every 5000 miles , oil filter once a year, I replace oil filter one time a year, equal 50 to 60 thousand miles , some of my truck I put on 500 thousand miles 

???? trust me, don’t let them use your money to pay for there wife’s purse