dented

Winch mount from my NV, yours for $150!

I contracted a local shop to build a winch mount for my van. It took them nearly six months, and then when I picked up the van, they did everything I asked them not to do. Sheesh. It lived on the front of the van for about a month before I found another local shop to do it right, and recess it behind the bumper. For some, having it outboard may not be a problem. It was a problem for us, because we often rub the front and rear bumpers already on desert roads.

It was built to fit the Warn 15,000 winch, but I believe the mounting holes are the same. But, the shop also rotated the winch and mounted it incorrectly, so if you use a M15000, you will need to redrill the holes. Should be four in front, two on bottom. I will never go back to that shop. They also stripped some of the holes in the winch, and the frame. 

Here it is. Open to offers, trades, partial trades, etc. I really would like an awning, and for what I paid for this, I could have bought a Fiamma. Ugh. 

qcyA5Pv.jpg

Located in Bountiful, UT. You can pick it up, or I can try to ship it. I have access to pallets, and commercial dock at the company I work at, so that might help. We might even be able to meet up somewhere, if you are enroute to destinations we visit frequently, such as southern UT, or southern ID. Or western WY, or Nevada, or... 

Easiest way to reach me is facebook . If you want to see pics of the new improved winch mount, I can post those too. 

Edited by dented

"If you want to see pics of the new improved winch mount, I can post those too." 

Yes please!

WSlBqt1.jpg

TAHIlOT.jpg

Version 2 isn't going to win any awards for beauty either, but it fits in there well, and is out of the way.

Honestly, I would trade something for the version 1 winch mount, or practically give it away to anyone who thinks they would use it. Otherwise, it's going to be scrap. I paid almost $700 for it, but it takes up valuable space and earns me looks from the wife because it is still here, and not on someone's van. Heh! 

Trade me some out of state beers. 

Trade me a beehive. 

Trade me some wall mount outdoor speakers. 

:) 

Dented, what size and model are the wheels you have on your van?

I would give this away to anyone who wants to pick it up. Hurry, before it becomes scrap metal and goes off to the recycler. 

Dented-

Who did your second winch mount?

Would you recommend them to others? I'm looking for a winch mount that is more low-profile than the Aluminess.

I am sure it is long gone, but do you still have that chunk of metal for the first winch mount?  Or info on where to get your 2nd gen?