Sign in to follow this  
burk.fuqua

Awnings for nv2500 high roof

Has anyone added an awning. I'm currently looking at a roof mount model from carefree of Colorado. I would like to use the provided mounting points on the roof to attach it without drilling into the body.

Cascadia (?) Awnings in Bend Oregon should be able to do this. At one point we considered their awning. Their system uses brackets that we thought could be modified to fit NV welded rack points. Their awning brackets are sturdy and fairly long. At worst, you might have to have them manufactured. We liked the idea of being able to remove it and not have holes in the roof or have stress fractures/leaks to deal with. In the end we decided not to... More to do with wind, rain and trying to keep things simple.

Having a high roof model makes awnings enclosed in a zippered bag hard to use.  Try Fiamma F35 Pro or their F45S.  www.fiammausa.com.  They retract into their own housing.  Good luck.

SMB users had problems with Fiamma awnings, failures and brackets (Fords). The solution was custom made brackets. I don't remember if Sprinters had any bracket issues. Check their forum for more info.

I remember now why we had to modify the bracket to fit the welded rack points. It had to be angled to fit under the ph, aka pop top.

Jon Nelson was thinking about an awning for his high top NV with pop top. You may want to PM him to see what he came up with.