chphilo

Where do you get after-market parts?

I am new to the NV scene. I currently have a modded Toyota Tundra. It was very easy to mod the truck and after-market parts were plentiful.

I am having difficulty finding after-market parts for this van. Right now, I would love to get floor liners, roof rack, one that has basket type that covers the whole roof and a grille guard. Any help will be appreciated.

Roof rack - the "best" out there is Aluminess.  They are in California but ship anywhere.  If you want the full blown rack with their custom mounted ladder you're looking at around $2500 shipped to your door!  It's all TIG welded aluminum and powdercoated with a ton of options though.  They also make offroad safari style bumpers front and rear with integrated grill guard.  

You can always get one custom made, there are a couple owners on here that went that route due to the Aluminess cost.  Most offroad shops can build one.  I got two quotes and both were pretty close to the Aluminess so I havent done it.  I am looking at modding the Topper galvanized steel rack.  it covers the whole roof, has side rails and plenty of cross bars.  Its about $500 shipped.

Floor liners, there are a few companies out there but I have generics.  In the rear I used carpet runners that are rubber backed from Home Depot.  A few use them.  They work well.  

Engine - you can do the free DIY airbox mod (I have a write up on here), you can add a Bully Dog GT tuner (also write up), and many intakes fit (I wrote up the Airaid MXP) with small mods.  Really any mod that the Titan takes can be used on the NV or slightly modded to be used.  Exhausts can fit with mods.  I assume headers would fit.  Even the Stillen Supercharger will fit!  With that one you need to watch tuning and programming.  One guy did it and it popped his transmission needing a full rebuild.  He got the tuning fixed but it took fiddling and a custom UpRev tune job.  

Inside - several have done the full LED dome light swaps.  Lots of room for stereo equip.

Suspension - the 4x4 guys have small lifts.  I dont know if off the shelf Titan parts fit or not for anything else.  

I also had a Tundra - 2010 TRD Crewmax - and it was way easier to find parts for it.  There are way more Tundras on the road!  

Thanks for all the info. Definitely helps. 

We definitely get more attention when driving NVP than driving Tundra. People stop by to talk to us, asking questions about, "what is that thin?".  :) (My Tundra is 2010 also. I have the OME lift on it, but NVP is taller than Tundra)

Edited by chphilo

I am in the same boat! I have aluminess nerf bars on the way (made for Ford econoline) that I am going to mod/fabricate to fit my 2013 NV3500 SL. I did HID lights, led interior, RVS backup camera, oem rubber front mats, 20" fuel wheels with 285/60 terra graps, and 1-3/4" strut spacers just arrived from advanced 4x4 in Utah. It's only a 2wd, but I wanted to raise the front to be level.

Aluminess roof racks look sweet. http://www.aluminess.com/roof-racks/

Could someone familiar with their product tell me the difference between Side Rail and Double Loop? According to their description, Side Rail "offers a more symmetric look as opposed to the aerodynamic look of the double loop".  I look at the Double Loop and ask myself, "how could you make it more symmetrical than that?"

Aluminess roof racks look sweet. http://www.aluminess.com/roof-racks/

Could someone familiar with their product tell me the difference between Side Rail and Double Loop? According to their description, Side Rail "offers a more symmetric look as opposed to the aerodynamic look of the double loop".  I look at the Double Loop and ask myself, "how could you make it more symmetrical than that?"

The rear of the Side Rail is also sloped like the front.  The rear of the Double Loop is more vertical.  Not sure why they consider the latter more aero looking, they are both wedge fronts.

Great racks, long build times and high shipping due to crate size.  Saw two in person (none on a NV, they were on custom Ford E series 4x4 conversions).  They are pricey but have a very nice fit and finish.

Thanks. I see it now. I think I like the Double Loop better. But unfortunately, this mod has to wait a few months. We need to put a new roof to the house, pour concrete  portions of of our yard so we could park the van (no longer fitting in our garage), and do some painting. Owning a house seems like an endless string of expense. But it's definitely cheaper than the children, haha.

Edited by chphilo