Sign in to follow this  
aabel

Love our NV3500 !!!

We got our 2013 NV3500 passenger in January, and it has been the best vehicle ever! We have 5 little kids, a dog, a travel trailer, and the NV fits the bill every step of the way. I'm located in Bakersfied CA, and found a great deal on a low mileage van down in San Diego. It's fun to see what other people have done to their vans on here!

Welcome.

Is there a dealership in Bakersfield?

Yes there is

If you get service there, let us know how you rate it.

Generally, NVs are relatively inexpensive to maintain, so you may not see them that often...

So far the only thing I had done is get a new windshield. The rubber seal around the edge started coming out, and it was covered under warranty.

I also shimmed the connector on the sliding door because it wasn't locking and unlocking via power. A lot of things aren't worth taking it back to the dealer if it's an easy fix yourself. Not so easy for wife with 5 kids 5 and under to drop a car off for 2 days LOL.

Welcome and congrats from Western PA. 

Welcome, how big a trailer are you towing and what are your experiences, if you don't mind. We are shopping travel trailers now. Regards Chris

We haul a Forrest River Evo 2850. It's right around 7K lbs. and the NV tows it great.

It's actually very Stable even in windy conditions. I am going to upgrade the intake, exhaust, and get the Bully Dog tuner for more power in the future. It still holds 55 mph up steeper grades with it floored :)

post-1311-0-05556300-1464618190_thumb.jpeg

Nice setup! Nice trailer, and I like the clean white van and the wheels look great!

Nice camper.  I did full write ups on here with the Airaid, modded stock intake and BD GT tuner on this site if you want some info.  Love your wheels and tires.  I almost swapped mine out but ended up just getting bigger tires on the stock rims (265/70 AT's).

Please post reviews of your mods as you go along.  Curious what you do for exhaust and intake.  The Airaid was great but way too loud for us and the kids when towing.  Even just at a steady state when towing it sounded like a boat motor!  When not towing it gave it a very nice growl and was just fine day to day.  

I actually plan on putting on a stock muffler from any 2007-2013 Yukon Denali or Cadillac Escalade. They flow awesome and sound great, but are not too loud at all. I might fab my own intake or get the airaid/S&B/AFE aftermarket. You want to sell your intake?

I actually plan on putting on a stock muffler from any 2007-2013 Yukon Denali or Cadillac Escalade. They flow awesome and sound great, but are not too loud at all. I might fab my own intake or get the airaid/S&B/AFE aftermarket. You want to sell your intake?

Airaid has by far the best dyno results.  The others were more for sound and looks and didnt flow much better than the modded stock box.  I sent my Airaid back, I had it on for 2 weeks with a long tow during that time and that was more than enough to make us want to take it off!  

Even with my Tundra I found that mods that sounded or looked great in day to day driving dont work that well when towing and we tow a lot lately.  At least 4-5 trips a year and several trips are over 10 hours on the road.  Things like sort exhausts, intakes and suspension mods made my truck fun day to day but rather annoying or hard to setup right when towing.

The BD GT I still cant recommend enough and there are a few others on here that also love it now that they tried it.  Totally transforms how the NV drives.  The single biggest improvement made is the elimination of that stupid WOT restriction from a standing start.  Up until around 20-25mph the computer will not let the throttle open 100%.  While OK while driving, when towing it is a huge pain and a wee bit dangerous.  Trying to pull out of something like a gas station into moving traffic I want 100% throttle to get my rig moving.  I dont want it just poking along lazily until the ECU decides it will let the throttle open up.  I want my foot to decide!