Sign in to follow this  
BuyinganNVP

Where to add phone mount?

Am I the only one with this issue? I don't have the nav package, so I rely on my phone to be my GPS. I first mounted a suction cup on my windshield, but it interfered with visibility (could be because we're short?!)

The dashboard slopes so much downward, I can't find a place to put one there.

Right now, I've been sliding my phone into the thin slot and just not seeing it, hoping I'll hear the directions, but I'd really like to find the right location to have my phone visible for easy viewing of the map/directions.

That's very cool! My base model NVP doesn't have a console, though, and our cupholders are usually used for one drink and one charging station (for multiple devices) :(

(I completely forgot I posted this, I started a new job that week and my mind has been all over the place...but long trip coming up soon, and it would be nice if I could figure out a workable solution.)

Perhaps you could use a velcro.

We used to use a portable Garmin unit for years, then got tired of inconvenience so now we either get factory navigation or get after-market units installed.

I was thinking about this issue as I test drove the NV and it doesn't look easy in any of them - NV, PM or transit.    I like to use a magnet mount with a little shelf so my phone/GPS will snap on and off easily on the go.   Maybe find something that would fit into the open box below the stereo or nav will be the way to go. Or the other open box. 

Not sure, could just be a thin plate that stuck into the bottom of that (or the back) and has a goose neck fixed to it, rising up with a cradle.  On another vehicle,  I adapted a sticky shelf cradle by removing the worthless sticky, putting a high power magnet (old hard drive) onto the back and then a roof nail cap in my phone case back for metal attraction.

Or a suction mount on the only clear space of the dash over towards the passenger 

The key will be a long gooseneck that can hold it's position with vibration.   Something like these, but not quite there...Will have to be adapted to anchor to plate

https://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-Universal-Gooseneck-Holder-Suction/dp/B00G3ZI0UI

Or, if you are willing to glue something to the dash itself, maybe an aluminum L plate with a nice "super" magnet  glued to it.  The "shelf" or "L" is needed to keep the device from sliding down off the magnet.  Magnets are my favorite mount.