Carmen

Onboard Air Compressor

Just installed a Viair air compressor with 2 1/2 gallon receiver.  I wanted to be able to easily air up tires on the van, motorbike, Airstream, etc.  while traveling the US.  On/off switch is in the cab next to the pressure gauge.  I made up some brackets and strapped the compressor and tank to the frame on the drivers side.  It was tight and I wasn't sure if it would fit but managed to squeeze it in.

post-647-0-14519100-1469916354_thumb.jpg

post-647-0-60315600-1469916356_thumb.jpg

post-647-0-45173800-1469916358_thumb.jpg

post-647-0-65432300-1469916360_thumb.jpg

PS, I don't know how my pics rotated after uploading them...

That looks great. Nice install too. I have a portable 12v compressor for the rare times I need it when away from home.

That looks awesome about how much does something like that cost

Thanks.  It depends on the compressor as they offer different duty cycles and output.  I paid about $280 for the kit but I found an "open box" discount on Amazon and it came boxed up like new.  I guess they had it sitting out on display.  I had to spend about $30 more for materials including heavier gauge wire to run from the battery to the compressor.  I looked at mounted the compressor just in front of the battery but since the relay had to be mounted on the tank it I decided to mount the compressor out of the way next to the tank.  They apparently use these a lot for Jeeps and such and go off road and deflate their tires for traction then air them up again for pavement.