Sign in to follow this  
Pharomommy

New NVP 2016 owners

This forum helped me out immensely when shopping around for a Nissan NV. All the questions I had were answered here, thanks so much!

We are a family of 5 and looking forward to traveling in our new NVP :)

Putting on running boards and floor mats are first priority.. then to make the garage tall enough

Edited by Pharomommy

Welcome to the site!  We're going to be building a new home next year and on top of my list is making a garage big enough for my van even with the roof rack on!  

Nice!! Hope the build goes well!

Our garage door entry way is just 2 inches to short  :doh:

So this weekend and next we are going to be doing some remodeling to make it fit. I hope it works!! It hate seeing this beautiful car out in the weather :/

Why do floor mats?  My wife had the dealer take out the carpet and put in the floor from a cargo van.  They discussed what to do and I got to pay for it!

@Suppermommy

We don't... for right now we have a large tablet for the kids to watch movies on and a headrest tablet holder. As time goes on we may need to change that. But it works well for now :)

Cuts down on clutter too, no dvd cases in my van since all the movies are on the tablet :)

Welcome and congrats from Western PA.

DVD player was one of the first mods we did. We really needed one for our 4 children. They have iPads, but they tend to get carsick if they use them white the car is in motion. DVD player seems to be okay. We had to choose between a DVD player and having to listen to "Are we there yet" almost continuously, haha.

What kind of DVD system did you put in your van right now i just have a dual screen that hangs on the headrest and I ran the wires for the one screen to the other along the hooks by the windows but sometimes I get I cant see the screen from some of the kids.

I have Audiovox, ceiling mounted one. The screen is 13.3 inches. As you could see, you probably don't want any larger screen having down from the ceiling.

post-1459-0-77448700-1485362912_thumb.jpg

Edited by chphilo

that is really cool if you dont mind me asking how much did that cost, and where did you get it? its not like i use the rear view mirror for anything else other than checking on what the kids are doing in the back anyway. 

Edited by trdriver71

that is really cool if you dont mind me asking how much did that cost, and where did you get it? its not like i use the rear view mirror for anything else other than checking on what the kids are doing in the back anyway. 

I think they should've given us rear view camera that functions as rear view mirror on our NVP. Hmmm, there's a thought for a mod, haha.

We purchased the DVD player and 4 wireless headphones. The total was around $350 (Amazon). We had a local shop install it since I have very little experience installing electronic gadgets. In hindsight, we didn't need screen quite that big. Our Sienna van had 14 or 15 inch screen and we were trying to get something close in size. But the Sienna screen was very skinny and wide. I think 10-12 inches is good. But then again, kids like the screen.

I think I paid 150 for the dual screen dvd player that just hangs on the headrests and only a 7" screen so 350 doesnt seem so bad and I'm pretty sure I could install it myself as I am pretty good with that stuff, as far as a backup camera I don't miss it as I'm a truck driver so backing up with mirrors isn't nothing new to me I have even parallel parked my van with my trailer behind it. 

We looked at a DVD player, but tablets make more sense...No DVDs that get scratched. With Amazon and Netflix you can download movies and shows and you can use them outside of the car.

And it's less work than installing a DVD player.

We looked at a DVD player, but tablets make more sense...No DVDs that get scratched. With Amazon and Netflix you can download movies and shows and you can use them outside of the car.

And it's less work than installing a DVD player.

It really depends on what you need. If tables serve you well, go with that. My kids, on the other hands, get car sick if they use tablets while the van is in motion. (Each child have an iPad). But they are perfectly fine with DVD player. We pack iPads when traveling, but they are allowed to use them only when the van is stopped.