Sign in to follow this  
SKRUGS

Hello from MN

Plans,

Remove ALL chrome.

LED lights all the way around.

Quigly 4x4 in November.

Black grille.

Remove chrome front bumper and make bumper and grille guard. Here is a picture of one I made for old truck.

Remove center consule and have a wood one made.

post-1375-0-82356600-1476060171_thumb.jpg

post-1375-0-91181500-1476060179_thumb.jpg

Edited by SKRUGS

Sounds like a nice project!  Any reason you are doing Quigley after the fact vs. getting it installed prior to delivery?  I thought it got full warranty coverage if new and 12 months if installed on used.  Also any reason to pick them over Advanced 4x4?  I thought Advanced had hi/lo range.  

That bumper is beefy!  You'll need those lights if you live in a low light area.  If you havent noticed our H13 lights are horrible!  I'm still searching for an ideal high beam setup.  5 Hella's would definitely do it!  

Sounds like a nice project!  Any reason you are doing Quigley after the fact vs. getting it installed prior to delivery?  I thought it got full warranty coverage if new and 12 months if installed on used.  Also any reason to pick them over Advanced 4x4?  I thought Advanced had hi/lo range.  

That bumper is beefy!  You'll need those lights if you live in a low light area.  If you havent noticed our H13 lights are horrible!  I'm still searching for an ideal high beam setup.  5 Hella's would definitely do it!  

There is a Nissan NV converted to 4x4 by advanced called Kodiak.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/135865-Nissan-NV-4x4-van

Just a clip from that build:

"...I just got the van back last week from local fabricator ( Green Tree Fab) http://www.greentreefab.com

Had a bunch of issues with 4x4 system from original install at advanced 4x4, I should have heeded the warning from threads on the portal (can go into that another time).  The crew at green tree dropped the front diff down an couple inches so axle angle was not so extreme (was binding really bad) also installed some Kore high angle inner cv joints, Installed custom length rcv axle shafts, dropped the transfer case, now in 4wd there is no more howling or binding, all is silky smooth and quiet, works amazing!!..."

ASD Dad,

Local dealer had the one I wanted.

Full warranty.

I like Quigley.

Never used low range 4x4 in any truck.

Different head lamps would be nice.  :)

ASD Dad,

Local dealer had the one I wanted.

Full warranty.

I like Quigley.

Never used low range 4x4 in any truck.

Different head lamps would be nice.  :)

Nice.  I was just curious about Quigley vs. Advanced.  I thought about getting a Quigley for when we camp but in the end decided it wasnt worth it.  I didnt even know about Advanced back then.  I didnt know Quigley did full warranties on used vehicles (I consider any vehicle that is titled to be used).  Pretty awesome.

If you figure out some better lighting please come back and post.  I tried the best rated H13 bulbs made (Philips Xtreme Vision) and they were marginally better than stock.  Went back to HID's and they do well for lows but are horrible for highs.  I went through several bulbs just to get the low beam pattern to work out with zero glare.  If I get around to it I am thinking of using the high beam wire to trigger a relay for some true driving lights while keeping my low beam HID's on.  I have a roof rack I can mount some to or there is plenty of bumper space.