Sign in to follow this  
Spacecaptain

Super stoked socal 2500-highroof owner!

Hi new friends,

I am a happy and proud owner of my 12' 2500 high roof. I have been in need of a large work/racetrack/camping vehicle and after lots of research and testing, i got the NV in V8 and as the kids used to say "its the shit"

It came down to an older short WB sprinter, Transit, Ram Promaster, or the NV.

My decision was made based on a multitude of points, but most importantly

-Built on a modded Titan platform, it was the only "van" that felt and drove like a "truck"

-Focused comforts for a tradesman / work truck

-Better warranty and easier service / self maintainence

I'm very interested in feedback from other new owners. Many of my colleagues own the Sprinter, Transit, and Promaster. I found the Promaster and Transit to be terrible! Driving was not as "fun" and they did not feel native to the road. The Promaster being the worst, i drove a brand new one that was already cracking paint on the sidewalls and had inconsistient fitment with AC vents and other small annoyances. The NV was the best buy and value for the money, and i think some of my sprinter friends are a little NVious of the far better engine power. Ok, that was awful.

I have so many things i want to do with it i simply cannot decide. Glad i registered so i can get some inspiration.

Here she is! bet you never seen one...

30325984141_e108b542f2_z.jpgNV2500

30412082695_7dcb7ea4d9_z.jpgNV2500 

Edited by Spacecaptain

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the van!  What is that cart with the monitors used for?

Thanks ASD!

It's called a DIT (Digital Imaging Technician) cart, the monitors are broadcast screens used for on-set preview of images and color correction of camera footage.

Welcome to the site! You're going to love your van!!!

Welcome aboard!

Aside from the mediocre mileage because we're driving a billboard, we love our NV cargo van. This is the first vehicle since our Honda Odyssey that my back fells almost comfortable-I feel like I'm sitting on a sofa with a wheel.

Not only are we converting our van into a camper, we're also using it as our day-to-day vehicle. We're very happy and hope you are too.

Ted

Welcome! Nissan is the only way to go as far as I am concerned, the NV is in form with the other trucks they make. Simple, tough, reliable, like a dang Timex, takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

You are going to love it. I have been working out of my F150. Built pull out drawers and everything. My wife kept telling me you would rock a van with all your work needs. I always liked the NV tall van. Bought a used 2014 and have loved it Comfortable to drive. Rides great. And the cargo space . It’s the best. 
 Still have the F150. But it sits more in the driveway now.