Spacecaptain

DIY cargo wall fabrication? electronics box?

What fabrication have you done yourself in your truck? 

Some of you have awesome built interiors, how and where did you fasten foundation bits and what did it teach you?

I'm starting with some Second Skin Damplifier then a layer of relectix insulation. I'd like to add two rows of E track (one high row to potentially become a high bed) and possibly close up the walls. I've never done fabrication to auto sheet metal, for instance, how would you fasten your track to the walls? Self tapping screws or drill a hole to add nuts/bolts to?

I also plan on adding an additional 12v battery with an isolator and possibly a solar panel charging setup. The end result includes a Dometic slim air conditioner and bed-mounted winch for pulling up motorcycles and carts. The fabrication needs especially for the winch are pretty ambitious i'll admit.

Im mocking a plywood box that will house the additional battery (AGM batt with a small vent) my 2000w cont. inverter, master breaker, and 12v breakout block to sit behind the driver seat. This is all a new undertaking for me, and in probably the most niche vehicle ive ever owned. Any pointers would be helpful.

@spacecaptain  I would suggest. Warn you, to not place any battery near the cab, and even more behind your seat. What if..... you are driving r sleeping and there is a spark and then your seat is on fire?   I would.............. place batteries in THICK metal, with air space of approx 5" from box to box, with a ALM inline fuse from each jumper cable, so if one battery melts, it wont affect the others.  Question: Should the boxes be air tight to the cargo , with a upside down U hose to the roof , to vent out gasses?  I woild like to add 2-4 batts  inside the CARGO area (opposite side of where the cab is), and I dont know if the acid batts gas off.  I was thinking OPTIMA Marine batts, Would they work in a car/truck?

I would have the cables from the engine through the firewall, all the way to the rear to where 4 batteries would be connected, to create a greater size battery that is 12V.  I will place inline fuses on each red jumper. My only question is, do batteries off gas and would it be a PITA to drill the roof to create chimneys , in a U shape , opposite of how your toilets keeps gasses from entering into your place. so water can not ENTER INTO the cargo area (unless there is a wind vortex while driving but I have a solution for that too , But I would need to draw thta. I like drawing the ideas but then I just have the urge to get up and hold power tools and have action speak louder than drawings.  BTW :   is there an area in the forum for specific locations, geographic?  I would like to find someone who would help to create stuff on my van and I would do the same for him.

MY FEAR is to make holes in the body.  My STRENGTH is wiring AND installing electrical components.

I think it would be cook to have  CB club for that that have NVs. Just like people that own some specific cars.