Sign in to follow this  
DesertTed

Low oil pressure light

OMG! I pulled out of the driveway, and started down my street. I looked down and saw the oil pressure light was on. I turned around and went right back into my driveway. I didn't drive more than 500 feet total and the manual states that the vehicle needs to be pulled over immediately and towed (I didn't really need anyone to tell me that, though). I'm having the vehicle towed to the Nissan dealer.

The van only has 7K miles on it. Anyone out there there ever have this happen? Tell me it is a bad sensor or something minor, please. The vehicle drove fine and made no strange noises (nor would I have expected it to after such a short drive). The oil on the dipstick was at the high mark when checked it after three hours at rest. We had the second oil change less than a thousand miles ago (we had one early, at 3000 miles because our dealer is in Phoenix area a 100 miles from home).

A nice thing is that the Nissan roadside assistance was here in about 30 minutes, tops. One of the things any NV owners should keep in mind if they call for towing, is to let the dispatcher know that you need a large tow truck. The first tow truck was too small and they had second, bigger truck here in about 15 minutes.

In any case, I'll keep y'all posted. I hope not with bad news.

There was a technical service bulletin going around about cars that burn excessive oil. Nissan didn't make the list, but that doesn't mean it could be the culprit. It may be a bad sensor or something wasn't reset at the last oil change.

I'd like to hear what comes out of this.

Well, nothing happened. Which is a good thing. The dealer couldn't find anything . I don't remember the terminology, but they checked it out thoroughly and found nothing. So we took the vehicle home and nothing has happened, nor has it recurred.

It's on the radar, just in case anything we to come up, but all is well and hopefully nothing more. What a relief.